Thread: can 3 ecgs be wrong?

can 3 ecgs be wrong?

hi, over the past fews months ive had 3 ecgs and blood tests because of the discomfort i get in my chest, all came back normal. i just still think theres something wrong as the tight achey chest pressure is still there. could 3 of them be wrong?
    cheers guys

Re: can 3 ecgs be wrong?

No they can't be wrong

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

What Nic said

No. ECGs are very reliable. They obviously can't show every possible problem with your heart however there would be tell tale signs to the doctor who would the. Refer you on for further tests if it didnt look normal.

I must have had over a dozen ECGs in the past 7 months and everyone has been normal yet I still worry. The other week a doctor actually talked me through what and the different lines and squiggles mean. He showed me what they look for and drew what an 'abnormal' ECG would look like. This have me so much reassurance and I'm so grateful to him for taking the time to explain rather than just saying yep it's normal.

Trust the doctors, they know what they are doing with this kind of thing!

I worry about exact same thing. I had an ecg on xmas day during a humongous panic attack and it was normal as was every ecg Ive ever had over the years. But it still took another 3 days for me to calm down long enough to believe it. My heart rate is always a bit fast on the ECGS, but then it would be seeing as Im convinced Im dying at the time.
    what a good idea about asking a dr to show you an abnormal ECG. Will do that then fnallly by brain wil accept Im fine!

hope u feel better soon eddy

Yep definitely makes a big difference. He showed me what it would look like if I had ever had a heart attack (no matter how far back) so now i know for certaini didnt have a heart attack 7 months ago, what it would look like if I was having a heart attack at the time and would also show abnormalities like if enough oxygen wasn't getting to your heart or it was having to work harder. It's these abnormalities that would trigger further tests but he was quick to stress that even if they did refer for further tests this still didn't mean there was anything seriously wrong. The heart can do all sorts of weird and wonderful things and he told me its a pretty tough bit of kit!

Also he listened to my heart and lungs. Others have done this as well before and said its fine but again he explained what he was doing. They listen for any whispering which could indicate a problem with a valve on your heart or any murmurs. When they listen to your lungs they are listening to whether there is any fluid build up which again may indicate a valve problem as fluid (blood) begins to back up.

It really did set my mind at ease over these issues.

I've been going throuth the same thing I've been soo messed up over this its ruined my life for a year now i need some one to talk to about this my chest gets sore all the time i always think im ganna die of a heart attack I've got done like 6 esg done they all cpme back as normal but still i stress plaese i anyone can help me im desperate Thank you??????!!!!! Every time i go to the hospital the Doc tells me is most likly anxiety can anyone comfurm this please if anyone nos about this or jas gone through this or still os get ahold of me.
    Last edited by Gord. Major; 17-06-17 at 01:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Gord. Major View Post
    I've been going throuth the same thing I've been soo messed up over this its ruined my life for a year now i need some one to talk to about this my chest gets sore all the time i always think im ganna die of a heart attack I've got done like 6 esg done they all cpme back as normal but still i stress plaese i anyone can help me im desperate Thank you??????!!!!! Every time i go to the hospital the Doc tells me is most likly anxiety can anyone comfurm this please if anyone nos about this or jas gone through this or still os get ahold of me.
    Hi I think you are seeking reassurance I can tell from your post Please any one help me?????? This is just a observation I mean come 6 ECG's all normal (we aren't medically trained on here)your own dr is pretty sure it's Health Anxiety, so make a appointment and get help for this either through meds or therapy or a combination of the 2
    You have nothing wrong with your heart, you have more chances of winning the lottery! Take care Cheers

Thread Information