Thread: "Drop" feeling in heart?

Exclamation "Drop" feeling in heart?

I'm really not sure how to describe this, but it honestly sounds like a heart attack to me, so I need to vent it! This morning I woke up with a numb, weak left arm which I had the night before too. I tried to shrug it off even though I knew it was a potential h.a. symptom, so in the back of my mind I was pretty scared.

I decided to go shopping with my mum to help divert my mind. On the way, the left side of my chest started to throb and the numbness/tingling radiated to my chest and neck. My arm was getting really cold... As I got out of the car, I told my mum to stop and I found myself with a HUGE rush in my chest, like all my blood dropped into my chest at once. It felt like the largest palpatation I ever had, and it made my heart race for a whole minute afterwards. It may have only lasted 5 seconds, but I'm utterly convinced something happened to my heart, especially since I still have a numb arm and fatigue, and that these symptoms mostly happen when I move. I even have pins and needles radiating into my head and left leg sometimes!

I've felt better with my friend today, but the last time this happened was just 2 days ago in the middle of work. I have work tomorrow too! What if they're real heart attacks which are becoming more frequent?! My family doesn't believe my symptoms, so I can't get checked out until my upcoming echo test; I have no idea when that'll be though..!

Re: "Drop" feeling in heart?

At the height of my panic attacks last year I often had this, now when I do I wish it to be a heart attack but that's just me.

I'm sure you are fine BUT 1) I'm not a doctor and 2) If you have chest pain always get it checked out, it's most likely anxiety but that's what the NHS advise.

You most likely had a PVC a Premature Ventricular Contraction . A harmless thing many people get including myself. It causes the exact same symptoms you are experiencing

May have had a similar thing happen to me. I was quite anxious and was walking trough town when all of a sudden I ha a surge bursting outward from my heart my whole body felt weak and it felt like hot blood .. So hard to describe.. I went to a&e where they found nothing wrong and said it was liked with my anxiety

I'm sure you are fine x

Am not medical expert by any means but I have heard that if it was a heart attack you would have had the heart attack within 15 mins of the first symptons - as yours has gone on for over many hours it is unlikely to be a heart attack- Probably a PVC as others have suggested. _ I know how scary it is though. Distraction is good so going shopping with your mum is a good idea..

Thread Information