Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBS?

IBS?

not sure if this is the right place to write if it itsnt feel free to move ithad nausea for about 3 years, tried all the anti sickness tablets but nothing touches it, am also fatigued.For some reason it just a week ago which meant I had a good Christmas but it returned Friday for no reason. along with gas, stomach ache, stomach noises and bowel movement changes, went from twice a day to 9 times a day

m on buscopan and got an endocscopy booked for new year, does this sound like IBS?

Coffee seems to make it a tad worse

what worries me is the anti nausea tablets dont touch it which makes me think its serious if they cant stop it/its just awful to live with, open my eyes and its there all day no escaping from it
    even energy drinks dont help with fatigue
    have had blood in stools but doctor says its haemorrhoids. full blood count came bacl fine

without being too explicite it gets better in the morning after have been to the toilet, nausea goes for a while but then comes bacl

Re: IBS?

Hi Nick, it definitely sounds like IBS to me. I have the same problem sometimes and it's rather unpleasant.

I HIGHLY doubt it's anything serious at all, as a lot of people have the same problem and it's turned out as something minor.

I hope your endoscopy goes well for you, and let us know how you get on! I've got to have an endoscopy somewhere down the line as I'm having stomach problems as well.

.....and a ninja.

Thanks
    I can cope with most of it, its just the constant nausea that gets me down
    will an endoscopy show IBS?

hi Nick, IBS isn't something that you can find really. If they don't find anything else wrong then they might diagnose IBS if you also match the criteria for the symptoms. The main thing with IBS is that it affects the bowel habits- nausea and fatigue tend to be secondary symptoms.
    For me, my IBS and nausea especially is terrible if I'm having an anxious time
    Anxiety causes a whole host of horrible symptoms :( but there are lots of good therapies out there for help with anxiety so it's good news!

sorry just read your post more thoroughly and given your mention of bowel issues yeah sounds like typical IBS so as long as your endoscopy is clear then you'll probably be diagnosed with IBS

Hi Nick, I have the same symptoms , the nausea for me is worse in the morning and improves with a bowel movement. During my meeting with consultant prior to my endoscopy and colonoscopy earlier this month, she said that she felt I probably had severe IBS. This was far to simple an explanation for me as I was expecting a much more serious diagnoses . Endoscopy was completely clear and diagnoses was indeed IBS. I would not have believed it could make you feel quite so ill but it seems it can. Take care

am I right in thinking that my appointment with the consultant isnt to have it done but simply talk about having it done?

part of me hopes they find an ulcer or something that they can treat as the nausea is just ruining my life.

my b.m are normally okay its just some days its a lot more than others. That doesnt bother me so much its just the tiredness and nausea that frustrates me

thing that worries me are other symptoms that arent IBS?? such as swollen lymph nodes and what seems to be muscle wasting

thanks for the replies

Sounds strange but I was wishing that a hernia was found or gastris , if it is any comfort I also have swollen lymph nodes (swollen for last 6 months) I post about them regularly as they are becoming a bit of an obsession with me.

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

Sorry Nick yes your original appointment is just to go through your symptoms then the consultant decides if it necessary for endoscopy

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

Sorry Nick yes your original appointment is just to go through your symptoms then the consultant decides if it necessary for endoscopy[/QUOTE]

I was fearing that, any idea how long after the chat I get it done, I am getting worried it maybe more serious and they find something bad, the worst thing is I have been asking for one for 3 years but got told you can only have them done every 5 years which I found ridiculous as if nothing can happen to you in a 5 year period

finally 2 more questions if thats okay

does IBS affect the esopgahus as I get sickness there if that makes sense yet thats a along way from the bowel

lastly any way of keeping awake and fighting fatigue, its not practical to only be able to stay awake 6 hours a day

many thanks

I saw the consultant in October and got my scope done on December 19th. I think it depends where you are to how fast you get your appointment. I have heard of people who have been seen within 3 weeks.
    Wish I knew the answer to your other questions, my nausea feels like it comes from the top of my stomach area , and is kind of a burning, sick feeling. No sign of acid reflux or anything else during the endoscopy though, which was a suprise. I am very tired as well (all blood tests completely normal) GP thinks my nervous system is in overdrive because I am anxious and that is making me tired, I know IBS can make you feel fatigued.
    Hope you get some answers at your appointment.

thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information