Thread: Help Please x

Help Please x

Hi all, I would be really grateful if anybody could help. I had a subarachnoid brain haemorrhage 11 weeks ago and due to being very scared and anxious my gp put me on sertraline 7 weeks ago (suffered bad anxiety before the SAH). He started me off on 50mg and then raised the dosage to 100mg a couple of weeks ago.

I feel really awful and Im struggling to know which are side effects of the drug and which are because of the brain haemorrhage. I feel jittery, nauseous, suffering with palpitations and a tight feeling in my chest which makes me feel breathless (a result of which the gp has also prescribed me with beta blockers which I really dont want to take with anti depressants. I took one 10mg yesterday (he said 3 a day) and then when I took my anti d later I felt terrible). I never suffered palpitations with anxiety/panic attacks before so I dont think they are due to anxiety. My headaches also seem to be constant lately, although of course that could be due to the bleed.

Do any of these symptoms sound familiar to anybody and how long do they usually take to go. I was ill enough already without all this and of course I am starting to get worried that Im going to have another SAH when I get really bad symptoms.

Thanks in advance xx

Re: Help Please x

Hello Abby

I'm so sorry about your subarachnoid brain haemorrhage and I'm so glad that you're on the road to recovery now

I'm on Sertraline 100mgs a day. Sertraline can sometimes cause the side effects that you've mentioned. They usually only last for a little while and then they go

The thing is, anxiety and panic can also cause these symptoms too, so sometimes it's tricky to work out from where these symptoms are coming.

Abby I would advise you to carry on taking your Sertraline just as your doctor has said. Make an appointment for as soon a possible and go and have a chat with them about your symptoms, I'm sure they will be able to put your mind at rest hun.

I wish you all the best in your continuing recovery hun

I agree with Auntiemoosie. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

That you both for your replies, I appreciate it :-) x

Thread Information