Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies- Periods/IBS-like symptoms??

Ladies- Periods/IBS-like symptoms??

Hi all would appreciate any sort of replies to this..
    Well, I feel like a bit of a pratt cos yesterday I felt ok (apart from coming on and having the usual awful cramps) and was trying to give others advice.
    Then last night it all went wrong , had a row with my boyfriend, who locked me in on the way out to stop me locking him out; then came the most terrible stomach cramps. It felt like a mixture of period pains and trapped wind (lower end-sorry to be crude).
    So I took some Ibuprofen for the period pains, which eased but the windy cramps just got worse and worse, I couldn't stay still, couldn't ease it and before I knew it I was having a full blown PA.
    So mum comes down in her pyjamas, yells at me that its just a panic attack 'what am I supposed to do?'(my stomach was agony but by this point i was more concerned with the fact I was going to faint) at which point I threw her out before she woke baby up (who id spent over an hour getting to sleep).
    So there I was at square one on my own, in agony, and terrified.
    it took a good hour to get to sleep, which I figured was the only way to stop panicking, but when baby woke at 4.30 it was still painful. Have had the pains on and off today, too, just praying they don't get to what they were last night.

Anyway, sorry for the essay, but does anyone get any symptoms like this with a period? I'm scared I've got some terrible gynaecological problem?

Please help....

Carlyxx

Hey Carly, sorry you feel terrible.

My periods used to be totally awful, just how you described. As if my lower half was being slowly ripped away. I'd feel awful and faint and bloated. My doctor always reassured me that this was perfectly normal, some girls just have worse periods than other, and that being overly stressed doesn't help.

I remember taking a lot of Ibuprofen and have a hot water bottle with me. My best advice would be to curl up on a sofa, if you can get the baby to sleep (!), and try to nap to something naff on the TV.

Again, I'm sorry you're so stressed from this. I do really hope you get better. Drink lots of warm water with lemon for the crampy wind.

Hope you get well,
    xo

<center>***************************
    Where troubles melt like lemondrops
    Away above the chimney tops
    That's where you'll find me...</center>

Thanks,

The 'other' pains felt like wind because I could feel it kind of gurgling around. And I had eaten a lot of Pringles, which have a bad effect on me for some reason. But whats worrying me is that it was so painful and is still there to some extent today.
    Pathetic, I know.:(

hi carly

my periods are like this every time but i have ibs on and off and my doc says that it gets worse when you are that time of the month .
    i have bouts of real bad tummy pain runing to loo and the day later it feels sore and tender maybe its the same with you.

jodie x

Thanks Jodie,

I wondered whether it could be IBS as I get (ahem) wind quite a lot, especially when Im anxious, but can it really be that painful?

hi carly

yes it can be very painfull at times tummy feel bloated ,wind like pains,sharp stabing pain ,then the day after its not as bad but still tender and soreit might well be as ibs dose get worse with periods .
    jodie

Hi carly,

it does sound like IBS as I get that and it can be agony, to the point where I can be doubled up in pain, it is like contractions in your stomach which come and go, ask at the chemist there are a lot of remedies for it available over the counter for it.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

The 'gurgling' you mentioned... I had that in March, I think. It's turned out to be gastritus from stress. Maybe you should go back to your doctor, ask if they can check. All they do is feel around your stomach. If it feels hard behind your belly button when you push in.

I had drunk a lot of coke the day before and thought it was that. You should get it checked out in case you have a stomach ulcer. And it does make you quite gassy, for lack of a better word!

Hope it helps
    xo

Oh no now I think I've got a stomach ulcer!

No I dont think I have I don't get a lot of heartburn and if I had an ulcer I would get it all the time really bad wouldn't I ?

Not all the time, but it could be a symptom.
    I wish I hadn't said anything, I don't want to make you worry :( It just sounds to me that you have what I had. A dodgy stomach from stress...

But I hope you feel better soon,
    xo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information