Thread: Another long Day

Another long Day

Hi,
    I am feeling pretty low today as the bad weather is keeping me in and no one is phoning me and i am sick of phoning them . i cannot keep on bothering family members over the holiday period as i cannot always go into detail what is bothering me ie anxiety, depression and sometimes suicidal thoughts. I am in the old catch 22 cannot be in company as i get socially anxious and on my own for to long i get a bit lonely.
    I am 43 and still dealing with this crap so much for maturity and when i am well i am quite ok spending time on my own. I've been on medication for a week and a half now so i know the worst is over but every day a struggle and professional help can take quite a while to organise.
    Sorry to be pessimistic i have given up smoking, drinking and have a poor appetite so i cannot even enjoy my old vices any more.

Anyway 2013 is just around the corner and i wish nmp members a happy new year.

Re: Another long Day

Hi rcs,

Sorry to hear you're not doing too well.This illness is so isolating isn't it,and xmas plus the new year only serve to emphasise this isolation.Its like tomorrow night,I'll be sitting here in front of the TV while my 13 year old daughter is upstairs on her PS3 and the wife will be in bed asleep because she suffers with chronic fatigue syndrome.

Maybe we could pm each other?

feel for you fella.similar situation here except my daughter is at uni and my (ex) wife ran off with my (ex) best friend. Hang in there, next year will feel much better, I'm sure

Thanks for the messages feeling a bit better, sounds like family problems can be amplified this time of year when you are meant to be enjoying yourself !
    A few big decisions to be made next week i'll try day by day.

Take care

Thread Information