Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 wks on fluoxetine, when will I feel normal?

7 wks on fluoxetine, when will I feel normal?

I suffer from panic, anxiety attacks and depression. I started fluoxetine 7 wks ago. 3 wks at 10mg and 4 wks at 20mg. Iv noticed some days I feel as if I'm on the road to feeling better and other days (like today) I feel very low and a little anxious. I take .25 of klonopin in the mornings when I wake because some mornings I feel the anxiety creeping up on me and I take another .25 of the klonopin at bedtime with the 20mg of fluoxetine. I'm having a hard time staying positive when I have days when I feel so low, days when I could lay in bed all day and sleep. I have 4 small children so laying in bed is not an option for me. I'm feeling alone and that there isn't any one to talk to who truly understands what I'm going through and that's why I'm on this forum, hoping there's someone who can relate and tell me that it will get better. 😪

Re: 7 wks on fluoxetine, when will I feel normal?

hi im the same as you i cant stop feeling sick and i think im getting paroiond im going back to the docs tommor mayby im gona ask to change to somthing else ive been on 20mg for 6 week your not alone its a terrable thing to deal with

Hi, I know exactly how you feel and it's the worst feeling ever. I am not taking fluox, however I am taking escitalopram together with mirtazapine. The mirtazapine was not doing much on it's own so escit was added. It's been about 5 weeks and I'm 12 days into a dose increase and feel like I'm back to square one. It is such a lonely existance for us at the moment as unless you have been there you cannot truly understand. I have my mum staying with me to help as I am on my own with kids. I feel right now that she makes me worse as she is loosing patience with me and seems irritated by my condition. I realise it must be difficult supporting someone when they are suffering anxiety and depression especially when the meds make you worse before better. I just wish she would talk to me instead of critisizing my parenting - I have 2 great kids!!!!

Hello Katy2104, I can relate to the feeling of being criticized. My family has been supportive but only to an extent because they don't understand what iv been through and am still going through. My husband is tired of my ups and downs and there's no way for me to make him understand my struggles. I know that I'm slowly getting better but when I have days like today, I don't think I'll ever be normal again and that just makes it so much worse! I'm tired of being tired and afraid of the anxiety all the time. I just want it to go away. I want to be happy.

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

Hi leanne...28, thank you for your response. It makes me feel better for you to say I'm not alone. Let me know if your doctor switches you or keeps you on the 20mg a bit longer. Iv made it this far and I really don't want to have to start over again with something new. I just want the fluoxetine to work and be calm again.

i was only thinkin of switching because im 6 weeks in and still feel very sick and wreching all the time also paranoid with is somthing i never ad so i was thinkin that fluoxtine is not for me .xx tke care ill keep you updated

Hi I just wanted to reassure you that at 7 weeks I had a big blip. The meds really kicked in for me after this. I thought I'd never feel better but now at 10 weeks I had a lovely Christmas, have visited friends and even went away for the weekend. I never, ever thought I'd feel like this three weeks ago but I'm going back to work next week (I've been off since October). Hang in there. If you have seen any improvements things will continue to get better. Just think of the down times as bumps in the road. The ride will get smoother, I promise. Xxxxxx

Oh that's so good to hear! I needed some reassuring. I feel very tired most of the day. Did you feel tired? And did it eventually subside?

I felt the opposite really, I couldn't sleep and was awake by 4.30 am most mornings. This gradually extended so by 8 weeks I was sleeping till 6.30 and now I'm back to normal sleep wise. I also weighed myself today and the 11lb I lost within the first three weeks has gone back on. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say I'm totally better but I am sure I'll get there now when I wasn't before. I had a good piece of advice to do one thing each day outside my comfort zone and this really helped. Particularly spending time with friends and family who understood when I didn't want to. It sounds crazy but this helped me to fill my head with things other than how I was feeling again. I found not being able to be 'part' of life around me really hard but now I'm looking forward again. Xxxx

Hi Snoopy,
    That is just what I need now, some reassuring words that things will get better, am on day 21 & feeling absolutely SH--
    Not going out tonight as feel so ill, just going to chill watching television xxx

Things will get better Stormy. Happy New Year. I hope next year is better for all of us. :-) xxxx

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information