Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 wks on fluoxetine, when will I feel normal?

Re: 7 wks on fluoxetine, when will I feel normal?

Hi Snoopy,
    I am the same as you with sleep, just will not come. Most nights only getting a couple of hours. How long before you found things started to improve, even slightly?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE XXX

Snoopy's right she was like you and is now feeling so much better, its not easy and it is hard if you cannot sleep because somedays you just want bed time to come so that you can start a new day but then you cannot sleep so you feel even worse, your sleep will gradually improve as the side effects ease. xxx

I go see my pdoc on wed and I'm going to ask him about my fatigue. My anxiety level has gone down but I can't handle being tired all the time..it sucks!! I lost a considerable amount of weight in the beginning as well. I'm just now starting to eat normal again and put some weight back on. So there are positives but when I have a bad moment or day, it just brings me right back down...I try so hard to remain positive and hopeful. I just can't wait for the day that I wake up and feel like myself again.

It will come, I still get tired at times and I am 4 months in now, I lost a lot of weight too and have put on a few pounds but it has stayed off even though I am eating normally. It is good your anxiety has gone down too, I think the bad moments will get less and less, hopefully you doc will be able to give you more info and put your mind at rest. xx

I wake up thinking about anxiety and waiting for it. It's such a horrible feeling. I need to train my mind to stop thinking about the fear of being anxious. Every day is a struggle to stay focused and happy. I just want to wake up happy and worry free.

Hi Ocean, I totally understand how you feel. It is my 4th week on 20mg Fluox. I am tired all the time as well and usually in the evening I start to feel little bit better but then same as you I wake up in the morning and waiting for anxiety start. It is horrible feeling and I can't wait for day when I wake up and feel myself again.

Hello princess, this is my 5th wk at 20 mg, iv had some rough past few days. Today I feel a bit depressed and tired. I can't wait for this cloud of doom I feel all the time to go away. I'm wondering if maybe the doctor will add a med to help with the added depression I feel. I don't want to take any more meds but I want to feel like myself again. Keep me posted on how you're feeling over the next few weeks.

Hi Ocean I hope you feeling a little bit better. How was your doc visit?

Hello, my doc visit was good. He's keeping me at 20mg of fluoxetine and told me that I should not be afraid to take the klonopin when I need to, it's such a low dose that I shouldn't be worried about addiction. He gave me a slip to get some blood work to make sure that all my counts are good. I need to be more consistent with therapy as well. I havnt seen my counselor in over a month. I'm very tired at the moment but I remain hopeful. How are you feeling??

I am glad you feeling better it is my 24th day on fluox and I had ok few past days. Didn't feel great but deffinitely better than first 3 weeks. Tonight I feel a little bit depressed and anxious. I hate when I start to have negative thoughts. I have sick note till tomorrow from my doctor but I still can't even think of going back there. I wish I feel myself again. Are you off work as well? I take 2mg diazepam when i feel really bad which helps me to relax.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information