Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keep your mind active

Smile keep your mind active

you could try: colouring,singing,humming,acting silly,watching tv,listen to music/radio,read/write or just doodle. bake cakes (even in the middle of night),clean,sult out your wardrobe/cd,s/dvd,s,walking,exercise....... anything you can think of. & if all else fails then go for the easy option lock yourself away & go to bed. xxxxx.::

Re: keep your mind active

colouring in yay

This is what I need to do as when my neg thinking kicks off I usually end up just listening to it getting myself all worked u (like now) then I end up in full panic

I hate that I cannot relax easily, and it takes hours for me to do so. :/ Going to bed makes it worse for me, since I'm not doing anything and only thinking. I try to stop thinking about things but I can't. It sucks.

During the day though, I'm always trying to distract myself with music, walking, drawing, animating, etc and it seems to do the job most of the time.

.....and a ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Rls1994 View Post
    I hate that I cannot relax easily, and it takes hours for me to do so. :/ Going to bed makes it worse for me, since I'm not doing anything and only thinking. I try to stop thinking about things but I can't. It sucks.

During the day though, I'm always trying to distract myself with music, walking, drawing, animating, etc and it seems to do the job most of the time.
    i watched a very interesting programme on BBC recently about people with sleep problems. one lady felt that her bed was like a bed of nails. before she even went upstairs to bed she was getting anxious. they did manage to help her sleep better after years of insomnia. in her case (as i recall) she'd just got into the habit of becoming anxious around bedtime & by the time she was in bed, rather than feeling relaxed & ready for sleep - she was getting so anxious that sleep had become impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity_x View Post
    colouring in yay
    yes colouring. im 28 & i love colouring with or without my kids.

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    This is what I need to do as when my neg thinking kicks off I usually end up just listening to it getting myself all worked u (like now) then I end up in full panic
    well im the same realy. it disables you & you just can,t stop negativity

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rls1994 View Post

i find it hard to relax to be honest. but when im active during day & duing some of the stuff i mentiond i can be ok.

I agree with everybody about the coloring ... it truly is relaxing!!!! I didn't realize until I started working with children this year and would color with them and found I felt better!

I also like to exercise my mind with crossword puzzles ... they kept me calm on my flight this weekend.

I got an adult colouring book from Amazon it's great different patterns,flowers and more great for passing time on. I also do word search pocket sized collection takeovers that also keeps me mind active.

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    I agree with everybody about the coloring ... it truly is relaxing!!!! I didn't realize until I started working with children this year and would color with them and found I felt better!

I also like to exercise my mind with crossword puzzles ... they kept me calm on my flight this weekend.
    yes i like wordsearch books. happy new yr. just incase i fall to sleep

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by clio51 View Post
    I got an adult colouring book from Amazon it's great different patterns,flowers and more great for passing time on. I also do word search pocket sized collection takeovers that also keeps me mind active.
    i,ll have to look for that on amazon. happy new yr. just incase i fall asleep

HI
    're adult colouring book from Amazon it's 6'99 pounds

happy colouring lol . xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information