Thread: Blood on stool

Blood on stool

Sorry for being graphic but am freaking out because I found blood on the outside of my er stools today! The blood was bright red and I've read it's more dark blood that is the cue to worry but I have also read cases where bright red blood has turned out to be things! I've had traces of bright red blood on toilet paper before off and on for years - I sometimes have to strain or the stool can be dry so my doc thought this was probs small fissures even though she couldn't see any. However, this is the first time Ive seen a coating of blood on the actual stool so this worries me more! My doc had said the fissures could perhaps be caused by overwiping but this wouldn't explain blood on the actual stool. I'm not only worri about cancer but perhaps that I could have stomach or liver problems or other serious Bowel probs e.g. Ulcers, torn stomach lining, chirrohsis of the liver etc. Am worried because I've drank a lot over Xmas and do generally drink quite a bit at weekend, and am worried the cumulative effect has caused damage somewhere. The stool today was really pale and soft so I can't attribute it to straining this time...

Has anyone ever had blood in their stool after drinking? Could red blood on stool be related to drinking and would this be likely to be serious if it was linked to drinking? Very confused if blood on stool is more serious than on he toilet paper... Tis new year tomorrow and terrified to go out as planned and drink bubbly at midnight now!

Re: Blood on stool

We have loads of posts about this and the general advice is that red fresh blood is ok and can be from a pile and or a fissure.

If you are worried see a doc but I have seen posts like this hundreds of times and nothing has ever been found that is bad to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information