Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help...a date!!

help...a date!!

Hi all,
    I usually turn to this forum for advice and tips...so i have a date tonight....the first one in years. I am quietly telling myself i am not nervous, but i know i will be later, and anxiety will no doubt kick me in the teeth later. i usually can't speak, so im thinking a couple of wines will be in order...
    any tips/support/advice will be greatfully received!!

Thanks
    Sarah

Re: help...a date!!

Awwwww, have fun!!!!!!! Try not to let anxiety get in the way, everyone gets a little nervous going on a date. You are going to have such a good time, there will be no time for that anxiety to kick in. Hope you have a great time tonight!!!!!

aww congrats I hope you have a lovely time. I guess it's just the same as any other type of anxiety/panic coping strategies. Just distract yourself and know that it will pass.
    Hopefully if you're having a good time your date will effectively distract you
    have fun!

Congrats!! Just remember, your date will also be nervous, so you can be nervous together Just go for it hun, try not to let the anx hold you back on this!

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

Sarah, go for it

Good luck, x

Thanks everyone, there is something about meeting someone and sitting there trying to make conversation that i find so hard. A group of people is fine, but 1-1..harder. Hopefully we will stay in a local pub where i can feel relaxed.

I will try and report back soon
    sarah

Good luck - dates are always a bit nerve wrecking! Remember that you're date is more than likely to be nervous too Make sure you stick somewhere you are comfortable with as that will help the anxiety. Just be yourself xox

just reiterating the post above, you will both be nervous. i dont find alcohol works cos i tend to jabber rubbish. be youself and have fun. good luck

Good luck with your date! Going on a date is always nerve-wracking and chances are your date will be just as nervous as you are. Just be yourself.

Thanks for all messages..it went well...not romance of the year but im so plwased anxiety didnt rear its ugly head!proved i can do something x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information