Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety and symptoms back once again?

Anxiety and symptoms back once again?

It reappeared Christmas eve and has stuck since, I was looking forward to Christmas, was caught up in the hype as usual then Christmas eve a sadness hit me and has developed into that on edge anxious feeling. I feel low now as I never enjoyed Xmas as was to depressed, I never went to relatives as was to anxious, and now its back to work on Monday and I am dreading it, New Year is supposed to be a fresh sheet but all I can think of is another year of this crap and can't find anything positive to look forward to, the future just seems so bleak.

Re: Anxiety and symptoms back once again?

Sorry to hear your new year hasn't started well. I'm the same - 2013 has, so far, been a mess of anxiety.

Wish I had some advice :(

Quote Originally Posted by JFlower View Post
    Sorry to hear your new year hasn't started well. I'm the same - 2013 has, so far, been a mess of anxiety.

Wish I had some advice :(
    At least I'm not alone, I've had this crap for 10 years and I have weeks sometimes months where I am fine, you think your getting better then it just hits like a tone of bricks again.

I was just saying the same in another post! But I think I'll take it as a blip n drag myself through it! Hopefully it won't last too long! Hope u feel better soon xx

Quote Originally Posted by samtheman View Post
    At least I'm not alone, I've had this crap for 10 years and I have weeks sometimes months where I am fine, you think your getting better then it just hits like a tone of bricks again.
    Totally agree. Hopefully it will be a good few weeks/months soon.

Have you used any medication to treat it before? Is there anything that (kind of) helps?

Totally agree. Hopefully it will be a good few weeks/months soon.

Have you used any medication to treat it before? Is there anything that (kind of) helps?
    No, I've always been scared of meds, I been prescribed them a couple of times but have been to scared to take them. In the end I get through by reading CBT books and courses.

Quote Originally Posted by samtheman View Post
    No, I've always been scared of meds, I been prescribed them a couple of times but have been to scared to take them. In the end I get through by reading CBT books and courses.
    I was terrified of meds before. I had them prescribed a few times before I 'took the plunge'. They're not for everyone though, I'm trying to go without them now too.

Hope this passes for you soon.

I was terrified of meds before. I had them prescribed a few times before I 'took the plunge'. They're not for everyone though, I'm trying to go without them now too.

Hope this passes for you soon.
    And you, I am off on holidays from work, shame holidays can't be enjoyed because of crap like this, will probably life when back at work and I get my routine back, to much free time on hands seems to trigger anxiety, had a similar issue in the summer.

Sorry you are feeling bad, I am exactly the same, hit me big style yesterday, so scared:( x

I think part of the problem is just that it's all a really bad time of year. Think about it:

* First of all we are bombarded with expectations about how this Christmas should be the "best one ever" (in every shop and magazine!).

* Then we get all the family stuff, which in itself can be stressful as you are cooped up with people for a lot longer than normal

* Christmas and New Year occur in the northern hemisphere when there is very little daylight, and often poor weather

* Many things shut down for a week, and so there aren't the normal distractions of everyday life as everything is in suspended animation.

It's no wonder people find it all difficult to cope with!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information