Not sure if anyone will be able to help me with this...

2 years ago I was referred to a consultant because I needed a hysterectomy. My (then) gp did the full patient choices thing, so I was able to book my own consultation. My nearest private hospital happened to have the shortest waiting time so I booked there. I had no idea or expectation that the operation would happen there too, but luckily for me it did!

Now, I was referred to my consultant again in October. I received a phone call from a local nhs hospital offering me an appointment. The consultant said he wants to perform further surgery, and that the wait list was about 3 months. Today, I have received through the post a pre-op appointment, and admission appointment, at our big NHS hospital 12 miles away. My problem is, this place is filthy and I hate it and they always have to close wards every year because of norovirus and I am absolutely terrified of being sick or anyone near me being sick.

Sorry, straying from the point there My question is - can I go back to my gp and request patient choice? The operation has already been booked, is it too late? I thought we all had a right to choose, within reason (I understand that not all hospitals can perform all procedures) - I am under the mental health service because of my phobia (and other issues), do you think I would be taken seriously or just written off as a bit of a princess? The thought of being trapped in that vile, germ-ridden hell hole is enough to give me a breakdown, no exaggeration. I would be happy to go to the smaller (cleaner, safer) hospital where I had my consultation in October, I'm not demanding to go to the private one again.

Can I ask to be given a choice? Even though it's already booked?