Thread: Meditation anyone?

Smile Meditation anyone?

I want to start because I know it can be effective for anxiety. I want to know if anyone does meditate and how it affects them. I have looked into it but honestly have no idea where to start!

Re: Meditation anyone?

Since Christmas I've started listening to some meditations at night when I go to bed, because my thoughts race and I have a lot of difficulty sleeping. I've found it's amazing. I have a 20-minute one and I haven't heard the end of it yet because I fall asleep!

Mine is an iPhone app. There are many free "lite" versions you can try out before investing in the full versions that offer a selection of meditations.

There are also many meditation podcasts that you can download and try free of charge to try out.

It works brilliantly for my purposes, and I think that any kind of relaxation exercise should help a lot with anxiety because it just slows your thoughts down. I'd recommend trying iTunes to get free ones to try out different styles before spending any money.

You may want to start with mindful relaxation exercies and do some research on mindfulness. Mindfulness is very successful at stopping anxiety as it gives you a new perspective on your thoughts.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

I'm into yoga and meditation but find meditation quite hard because i focus on my body too much and create images of chest pain and unable to breath etc. silly me
    Anyway last night i was able to meditate lying on the floor and for a few seconds i had a weird feeling and felt like i needed to giggle!
    Must say it was good.

Good luck x

I bought a cheap Chakra clearing download from amazon to listen too. It cost about £3. It's slightly religious (in a archangel sort of way) but not so much so that you need to be of that religion to appreciate the benefits. I use it sometimes to help me drop off to sleep and make me focus on me and life itself.

I also bought a cheap download of Tai Chi music for £2. That helps me relax too but it's less meditiation and more clearing your mind completely; in a pretending you are on a beach/in a forest sort of relaxation.

I have meditiation or, maybe, yoga on my list of to try things.

Thread Information