Thread: Scared I've got extreme magnesium deficiency...

Scared I've got extreme magnesium deficiency...

I've been fine for a while, hardly any headaches, palpitations etc.

Yesterday I noticed my legs were aching really badly all day, but I took no notice of it and though it was just due to not exercising and being idle over the holidays. I also noticed that I drunk about 5-6 pints of water, which I have never done in my life and normally drink about 3-4. I still felt really thirsty.

Later on when I got into bed I'd get palpitations as soon as I'd lay down on my back or side. I ended up sitting up and not going to bed till about 6am due to it, but also because I was googling :(

I found out that with magnesium deficiency, you get aching muscles, drink loads of water and have palpitations! But then I went to find out it can give you heart attack! So then I started having a panic attack. I went downstairs and ate a banana quickly as I know that has some magnesium in it. By this point I was getting palpitations when standing also; quite a few of them. But then according to google, having too much magnesium causes the same symptoms and can also be fatal :/ so then I started panicking more as I just ate a banana which could have made the problem worse!

After about an hour of panicking I found that the palpitations went off a little bit and I felt exhausted; but they still would happen from time-to-time. Eventually went of to sleep.

I'm still really worried about it and I don't know what to do. I'm really scared I do have something wrong with me such as magnesium deficiency, plus it would explain my symptoms of aching legs, thirst and palpitations. Plus I've woke up today and my legs are still aching quite a lot :/

I'm just really upset as I thought I was over my health anxiety. :(

Re: Scared I've got extreme magnesium deficiency...

well it can be easily treated by taking magnesium
    I was low on calcium which I think gave me palpitations, I drank lots of milk, ate dairy and lots of green veg so no idea why my calcium was low.

Try taking a good multivatim and maybe an added, calcium/magnesium? Ask in the shop and I'm sure they'll be able to help you choose what you need.

Re: Scared I've got extreme magnesium deficiency...

Yeah I eat quite a few vegetables, more than I ever had, and often have them fortified Complan drinks so that's one reason why I thought I could actually have HIGH levels of magnesium instead, as that can apparently have the same symptoms as low levels.

I think I have some multivitamins stored away somewhere so I will have a look feel a bit better today, legs aren't aching as much and I've only had a few palpitations. Managed to have a little nap earlier to catch up on last nights sleep too. Thanks for your reply

Thread Information