Thread: Recovering from Noro virus but no energy

Recovering from Noro virus but no energy

Hi guys,

Just wondered for those of you who have had the noro virus, after the sickness and fever has passed, are you left feeling totally flat and no energy for a few days?

I now feel totally fine other than ive got absolutely NO energy whatsoever and feel like a car running on empty. Ive never felt so weak before.

Im used to being a busy bee so this is a bit wierd for me.

I just feel weak and no energy. It takes me a while just to get up to go to the loo and i feel light when i do.

Ive started eating again this morning. Cereal. Had 2 slices of toast yesterday

Any advice much appreciated

Re: Recovering from Noro virus but no energy

Hi ive not had the noro virus but ive had the flu and been bed bound for nearly 2 weeks and now i feel very flat and low and have absoutley no energy whats so ever, just look after yourself and rest xx

Dont worry, I felt EXACTLY the same. So does everyone I know that's had it. The energy gets zapped out of your system completely. It took my a good couple of weeks plus and even now I still dont feel 100%. Take care. Sean

Quote Originally Posted by willous1 View Post
    Dont worry, I felt EXACTLY the same. So does everyone I know that's had it. The energy gets zapped out of your system completely. It took my a good couple of weeks plus and even now I still dont feel 100%. Take care. Sean
    ah thanks.

The NHS sites says we supposed to be back to normal after a couple days

I dont even think ive had it bad. No cramps or diarrhea. Just vomiting and fever which have passed.

Think im a bit dehydrated but drinking loads now and obviously hardly eaten since Saturday.

Its just this weakness and lack of energy....

I think it's the fact that because of the illness, it's hard to get an appetite back. This means you don't eat then feel weak for not doing so. Its a vicious cycle. I think the NHS site is being a bit general when it say's a couple of days. I think that's how long the proper illness lasts but I can assure you that myself and others have had the lack of energy for a while afterwards. I was lightheaded aswell. I spoke to a pharmasist I know who told me what I was feeling was normal. Once I started eating again after a couple opf days I felt so much better. Just think of all the goodness that left your system etc

When I had it, it took me one week to get back to 100%.
    I was able to work and do everything after 2 days of rest after the illness, but I felt I had no energy for one week.
    It is difficult to eat again after the virus, I agree that must be why one feels so weak.

Thread Information