Thread: Keep dreaming of snakes!

Keep dreaming of snakes!

I've always been scared of snakes and if i see one on telly ill shudder and have to look away.
    In september i took a trip to Florida and me and the bf walked to walmart..... biggest mistake EVER.
    A black ugly snake popped out of nowhere and shot out infront of me. Well.... ive never ran so fast in flipflops in my entire life.
    My heart was pounding and my chest tightened and i cried so hard it became so hard to breathe,
    Since then i've dreamt about snakes pretty regulary :( I dream im stuck in a room with one and i no im safe back in the midlands but my mind is in overdrive thinking about these flippin things.

How do i make my mind realise its okay im safe!

Re: Keep dreaming of snakes!

I often dream of things that frighten me - in fact, in my bad dreams, snakes and spiders sometimes appear, and bring with them an atmosphere of menace and threat, almost evil, and I wake up in a state of panic and dread. It's horrible. I too am very frightened of snakes, even more so of spiders, but as (fortunately) you don't encounter them here in the UK, it's not a fear that makes a huge difference to my life. If I had had an encounter with one, as you did, though, I think I would dream about it for a while too! I don't know how to prevent dreams about a certain frightening thing, but I should think in time the dreams will become less frequent.

Re: Keep dreaming of snakes!

Quote Originally Posted by nattynatt View Post
    I've always been scared of snakes and if i see one on telly ill shudder and have to look away.
    In september i took a trip to Florida and me and the bf walked to walmart..... biggest mistake EVER.
    A black ugly snake popped out of nowhere and shot out infront of me. Well.... ive never ran so fast in flipflops in my entire life.
    My heart was pounding and my chest tightened and i cried so hard it became so hard to breathe,
    Since then i've dreamt about snakes pretty regulary :( I dream im stuck in a room with one and i no im safe back in the midlands but my mind is in overdrive thinking about these flippin things.

How do i make my mind realise its okay im safe!
    hi nattynatt ever since I was about 7year's old I have been frighted of snakes.my fear started with my older brother throwing a slow worm at me.I know that they are fairly small compared to snakes but to a small child it seemed pretty big.another time was when my hubby took our 4 small children to a safari park,we were all stood side by side looking into a open fenced pen which had tortoises in when someone from behind said excuse me please,I stood back a bit and turned my head and I came face to face with a bloody great long snake.well I can still picture it now I screamed and left my young daughter in her pushchair ran up the road with another of my children running and crying after me.whenever we went to a park after that my husband used to take them into the reptile house and I went on further round the park.now we have 3 grandchildren and whenever we have taken them to a zoo/park I stay well away.x
    wow it surprising what you can remember when someone else brings it up.x

things happen for a reason,but we do not always agree.

medication im on
    Doxazosin,bendroflumethiazide for blood pressure.
    levothyroxine,for thyoids.
    pregabalin, for panic/depression. Fibromyalgia
    amitriptyline,for rheumatoid arthritis in feet.

Thread Information