Thread: 2 10 mg pills vs 1 20 mg

Exclamation 2 10 mg pills vs 1 20 mg

Ok ... I would think I am crazy and that there should be no difference, but I do feel a difference.

Right before Christmas I was upped from 10 mg to 20 mg lexapro. I had leftover 10 mg pills so my doctor said to just take 2 10 mgs. I felt a little different, some anxiety and side effects, but nothing as bad as now and it died down.

So I ran out finally of the 10 mg pills and started just taking one 20 mg pill instead. Since then it has been like BAM ... wacked with depression, anxiety, sweating at night.

I know the math ... 10 + 10 = 20. So theoretically there should be NO difference in 2 10 mgs or 1 20 mg. But why do I feel so different now? Is it just more time with 20 mgs in my system?

Re: 2 10 mg pills vs 1 20 mg

There is a difference to me as well

When I increase I prefer to take 2 x lower dose than 1 x higher dose

I am just off to the chemist to ask this exact question as they are increasing my Bisoprolol from 1.25mg to 2.5mg and I want to take 2 x 1.25 mg for a while

There is evidence somewhere that I read that the double dose is stronger than 2 x lower dose lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thank you for your input!!! i'm really glad i am not the only one who has noticed something like this ... i was thinking i was really losing it in noticing such a difference, but it's true! when i started feeling really badly does correlate with the change to the 1 20 mg pill.

So weird!

They said it was fine to take 2 x 1.25mg for a while until they run out (2 weeks) then take the 2.5mg one so I may be a bit more used to it by then I hope!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hmmm - I doubt that taking 2x10 or one 20mg tablet would make a difference to be honest. Antidepressants are standardised so there really shouldn't be any difference in the amount of active ingredient that you're taking in. What I think the issue is is that your body is just getting used to the new dosage - for many people (myself included), the worst period of time can be around 4 weeks after starting/increasing medication. I'd keep taking the 20mg tablet, but give it time. Of course, you can try taking 2x10 again, but I don't think that would make a difference to be honest.

I will just stick it out with the 20 and hopefully my body adjusts soon. It has been 2 weeks since I increased I believe ... maybe 3.

Thread Information