Thread: Eye Floaters

Eye Floaters

I know they are normal and common and most people have them, but I have questions about them.

I have around 4-5 shapes 2 long strings and a couple of wierd blury ones.

I also have a few really smalls round ones

I'm 18 is this normal or should I be worried? I see them when I'm out but I constantly search for them.

When I'm looking at the sky and move my eyes from side to side I can see then all move quickly across my vision.

Is this normal and am I concentrating on them too much, I've heard 18 is a common age to start to get them.

I may have had them years but have only noticed em in the last year when I started with anxiety

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Also I can see white sparlkles when I'm looking at the sky, I was told it's something to do with white blood cells? not sure

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

anybody?

Re: Eye Floaters

You are concentrating on them too much. I have the same as you but convinced myself for ages I had a brain tumour or MS (even though floaters are not even a symptom of these things). I used to stare at the sky for ages focussing on them for ages. Its a wonder I didn't go blind!

They really are nothing - forget about them and they will disappear

hey, you dont need to worry. i have also had these for years. unfortunately all you can do is learn to deal with them and try not to focus on them. its worse when you look at the sky or something light coloured you will see them more. but they are normal. if it makes you feel better go for a routine check up at the optitions just to put your mind at rest.

they will explain to you why you have them and when you need to worry. but like i said i have the same and they are very common x

Thanks everyone I kinda knew this but just cant put my mind to ease sometimes, thanks alot

Unfortunately they can be very annoying but they are normal.

I've had mine since I was 23 (half my life ago ).

They rarely bother me unless it's really bright - you do get used to them and pretty much learn to ignore them.

Thanks mark I probably have had them all my life, I remember vaguely when I was younger looking out of the car windows and seeing these floating shapes but I always thought they were clouds.

Thread Information