Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBS playing up!

IBS playing up!

I have IBS and at the moment its really bad, I went to the doctors and they said to change my diet but I don't know what the best foods for IBS are, does anyone know?

Also I have a sharp pain lower left side of my stomach and I don't know if this is a symptom of IBS are not, does anyone else get this?

It goes from the left side of my stomach and I get a crampy feeling in my legs too.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks.

Re: IBS playing up!

Different foods affect different people but I would say the main triggers for me are spicy foods so I try to avoid those. I don't eat very much bread either as that affects me.

Thanks, I think its triggered from stress at the moment. Do you get pain in the left side as well?

I get pain all over and in my lower back.

I think its trial and error with food. Dairy is something you might want to cut out for a bit, to see if that has an effect. And if you dont eat that healthily, try more fruit and veg.

Have you read this - it may help...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/ibs/

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yeah I'm lactose intolerant as well unfortunately so I try not to eat any dairy. That's my plan to eat more healthily as my diet is really bad. The pain in one area is really irritating though, doctor didn't even question it but still worried it has nothing to do with the IBS as its only in one place.

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

Yes thanks Nicola.

Hey, I'm an ibs sufferer too and get pains all over including the left side too. I went to Drs and he gave me some medication which really helps , I think you can get over the counter stuff too? Or maybe try peppermint tea?

Smile Re: IBS playing up!

Hi

Yes I too have IBS and yes I too get the pain in the left of my stomach and sometimes all the way down my left side. It is horrible isn't it and I have questioned doctors and consultants time and time again as to it been related to ibs and get the same answer - yes!
    I have and still do drive myself round the bend when I get it, in "my world" I have anything from a stomach ulcer to stomach cancer, and at the time doubt that it can possibly be to do with the ibs (even though I know deep down that it is! ) Its is worse for me when I get the pain around my left rib cage too as I then start to panic that I'm having some form of heart failure, even thought it is yet again another ibs symptom.

Someone defo needs to get hold of this ibs and give it a good slap!!!!! It drives me crazy!

Hope you have some relief soon!

Take care

Rachel xxx

Its the soul, afraid of dying, that never learns to live!!

I've had IBS for about 20 years and yes, I have twinges and pains both on left and right sides and in recent years an ache in my right side.

I have found cutting out sugar and wheat _completely_ to almost eradicate all symptoms, however it is really tough so I do lapse occasionally.

I have also found food combining helpful. i.e. no proteins and carbs together so I tend not to have potatoes with my dinners or pasta (wheat free) with cheese etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information