Thread: Resting heart rate in the very low 60's

Unhappy Resting heart rate in the very low 60's

Hey everyone, me again, sorry to bug you all.

I'm just having a truly crappy day with tingly chest and swimmy head.

I keep measuring my heart rate on this App I have on my phone and it's constantly in the low 60's. This morning when I woke up it was 58.

Is it true that Citalopram can lower your heart rate? In my irrational head I have Bradycardia and I'm convinced of it.

I'm just looking for a little reassurance perhaps My brain is just all over the place today, first bad bad day for a couple of weeks now and it's hit me hard

Re: Resting heart rate in the very low 60's

Hi wendy35107,

My resting heart rate is around 55 when I take it in the morning or if I'm relaxing on the sofa.

They say a low heart rate is good, But for me suffering from HA it has me wondering but I don't think your tingly chest has anything to do with your heart rate the swimmy head maybe (but i would think not).

I also use my Iphone to check my heart rate but you can never beat the old fingers on the wrist. As the phone apps are good but the old way is better.

Because if when you use the phones camera if you put to much pressure on the camera it take the wrong reading and also the same for not enough pressure So your phone could be giving you incorrect readings.

But at the end of the day you/we should stop checking our heart rate as in a way it is bad for us to keep checking unless we fell it is of a real matter of concern.

Agree. Stop checking! What you think is a necessary positive move only makes you more aware of your heart rate and increase your anxiety.

I found it really hard to stop and checked all the time. Now I hardly ever check though get the urge especially after exercise. Last time I did this it was high (190bpm) and I panicked and it stayed above 120bpm for over an hour. Obviously it was the panic and anxiety keeping it high. Now I don't check and it seems to come down ok all by itself.

Theres nothing wrong with that heart rate. For what its worth, apparently Chris Hoys resting heart rate is low 30's

A low heart rate can be a sign of a good working heart!
    Also drugs for anxiety and panic can lower heart rate but this is not a side effect per say, its the way the drug works to keep a person calm and lower the chance of other symptoms of having a high heart rate, from occuring.

My dad's was averaging at 44 when he had his heart checked

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

I have a pulse reader for the last few years.
    My heart rate is usually in the 50's first thing in the morning, and can take a while to get up to 60.

My heart rate can go up to the 200's too lol

Mine has been lower than 58 in the morning Lots of times.

My usually heart rate is about 70 when I'm relaxing.

So I would guess you are pretty normal and it's nothing to worry about.

My resting heart rate is always 50-60, I'm 37 but do take bp pills and stuff so that's probably why. I once purchased a bp monitor as I was concerned, worse thing I ever did, it increased my health worries so I threw it out. Best thing I ever did.

Smile Re: Resting heart rate in the very low 60's

Honestly I don't know what I'd do without this board sometimes.

I've been a lurker for a while just reading tips and advice but you've been brilliant when I've needed your help.

Thank you so much for your help and advice. I've done my exercise DVD tonight too with no anxiety which is great. I'm trying to take a step in the right direction, I now know that my heart must be fine as it wouldn't have let me do all the exercise if it was off.

Thanks again I feel so much better xx

Quote Originally Posted by wendy35107 View Post
    Honestly I don't know what I'd do without this board sometimes.

I've been a lurker for a while just reading tips and advice but you've been brilliant when I've needed your help.

Thank you so much for your help and advice. I've done my exercise DVD tonight too with no anxiety which is great. I'm trying to take a step in the right direction, I now know that my heart must be fine as it wouldn't have let me do all the exercise if it was off.

Thanks again I feel so much better xx
    Oh Wendy, I think we must have been seperated at birth lol! Your stories are exactly the same as mine. I have tried to privately message you but as I am a new member I have to wait until I have posted more threads xx

Thread Information