Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you ever happy!!!!!!

Are you ever happy!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you can say that you ever feel happy. With my anxiety I always feel so stressed that I don't think I can say that I ever feel happy.

Certain things that would have made me laugh before this anxiety started no longer make me laugh, and I can't remember the last time I did something without worrying about it. and I can't remember the last time I really laughed at something or got excited about something.

I want to try and start looking after myself a bit better to see if it will make me feel less anxious, but when I think about exercising or anything, I get so worried in case I have something wrong with me that exercise would make worse.

when I watch a TV program and see people who are in my age group, doing things without thinking about it, I always wish that i could be like that again. I feel like I am old before my time.

Its as though I spend all day every day worrying or feeling ill with one symptom or another, I know that boredom can make us feel worse, but I don't feel like I have the energy to do anything half the time.

My daughters start back school next week, and I am dreading having to get up and out in the mornings because for 6 weeks I have'nt been out of the house before dinnertime, if at all.

I want to get rid of this anxiety, but I don't feel as if I have the energy to, because everytime i think it has gone, it comes back again.

Does anyone else feel a bit like this.

Sorry for going on.

Take Care

Sara

Its extremely exausting isnt it. I seem to have a self destruct button. I can just start getting happy & i go and blow it. Relationships are the worst, i meet someone really lovely & then just when its going good, the anxiety sets in & i loose trust in them & push them away.
    Ive done it with 2 different people & its sad because ive got kids too so they suffer for it.
    Anxiety sucks!
    C xx

Pete to win Big Brother 7

Hi sara
    I used to feel exactly like you but lately I feel great so obviously it does get better.
    I didn't laugh for ages but now i'm back to doing it without even realising
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

when I watch a TV program and see people who are in my age group, doing things without thinking about it, I always wish that i could be like that again. I feel like I am old before my time.

I totaly agree with your statement (as above), it also effects me like that!

Hiya
    When i read your post i though"that couldve been me writing that"

Totally identify with all that you say.My children are back at school and im on my own all day
    Its exhausting isnt it?

Hunny x

Hi Sara, I can totally relate to what you are saying, I too haven't really felt excited about anything and I don't laugh like I used to, I feel that my personality has changed. Try to do some form of exercise as it is very good for you and may help your anxiety, even if you start by doing some indoors, at least then if you panick you are at home.

Take care,

Polly

hiya i to felt as if that was wrote by me as i have felt like this for so long dont no if i could ever change it so depressing not being able to find things that make you laugh wish i could as if some one does somthing that as much as makes me smile you can feel a diffrent sensetion inside just for that slit second they say that laughing is good therapy we all hould beable to get some laughing gas on perscription dont you think well i hope that as least made you smile bye for now trish xx

everything you have just said feels the way i feel everyday

i go out with my kids bur everything i do is tinged with fear. i am afraid to exercise in case i die. i am afraid to enjoy a drink in case i die

even the happiest moments are laced with fear and i am never truly at peace

you are not alone and i feel everything you feel

jackie

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">

when I watch a TV program and see people who are in my age group, doing things without thinking about it, I always wish that i could be like that again.
    <div align="right">Originally posted by saranadine - 30 August 2006 : 03:25:04</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I get this more when I see people for real. I am now middle aged and rue the youth that I missed. I was out on Monday and saw a Brazillain troupe, and they had so much energy vitality and personality. I never had that, and now that I'm older it does hurt a bit.

But even though I a seem to be stressed all the time, I can still laugh in the company others. And very occassionally, I can laugh spontaneously at something I might see on the web, maybe on this forum! It's not so easy to do so on your own.

Last week on the radio, they had someone on talking about laughter therapy. They explained that the very action of laughter can do you no end of good. So try that, even if there's no trigger to make you laugh.

Do you get out in company at all?

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi Sara,
    Like everyone else that has replied, I know exactly what you mean. I'm only 18 and it seems as though the days when I used to laugh and be spontaneous are from another lifetime. But i've felt the best thing to do is count your blessings, yes you are restricted with the things you do and it's exhausting but look at the things you have and the people you have around you. Try and appreciate the smaller things in life, I think everyone has a tendancy to overanalyse and that can be our downfall.
    Hope I could help x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information