Thread: Lump in stomach?!

Lump in stomach?!

I've noticed in the last few weeks I have a long lump in the lower left side of my stomach above my groin area. I have really bad stomach pain in that area which goes to my back, groin and legs.

I have IBS and tablets help the pain but I still don't know what this lump is? Its quite large and when I press on it, it feels quite tender.

Am really worrying that its cancer or something, don't want to go to the doctors as I've been 4/5 times this week and they look at me like I'm a joke. Just hoping that its nothing really.

Has anyone else got this or had a diagnosis?

Thanks.

Re: Lump in stomach?!

I have a firm Round lump in te lower left abdomen and was convinced it was cancer to be told it was gristle.

I worries myself sick so my advice to you is not to jump to any conclusions.. Is it a long oval shape? I am sure I have seen this question around many times before and people just say its your stomach..

Don't they say cancer is a solid hard unmovable lump with no pain.. Yours is tender so I would say you can just feel your stomach which is sensitive is possible full made worse by ibs or it's nothing..

Still see a doc tomorrow to put your mind at ease.

Thanks, yeah it is long oval shaped. I think it has something to do with my bowles, I'm nit sure. I know I shouldn't but cancer is what we all dread especially if we've got health anxiety. Thankyou.

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

I know a lot of people have seen this post, if anyone has experienced the same thing id love to hear from you, am still worrying, dont know what to do. called nhs direct who insisted i see someone straight away but never gave me an explanation? mum said i dont need to see anyone and that hes just reading from the computer? please help

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

Please?

They are reading from a computer- they have a questionnaire that they have to ask you and depending on your answers it gives them something to tell you. I've called them often enough! What I would say is that it's very likely to be nothing but if it stops you having a horrible sleepless night or a bad day tomorrow, it can't hurt to go and see someone tonight? That's a very personal opinion and reassurance seeking is a cycle you have to break but I know how it feels and I think it's what I'd do.

I'm sure you're fine though, so please don't be upset x

Thankyou hun x

I have experienced a lump recently on the left lower part of my stomach I also suffer with health anxiety so assumed it was something bad but it was due to my constipation and a build up of for want of another word poo! I hope this helps

It's most likely your bowel you can feel. I've had that same thing on and off for years and like yourself was worried at first and went to my GP to get it checked out. I think if you are on the slim side, which I am, it's much easier to feel these kinds of things

Oh thank you guys, yeah I guess it must be that if I'm having constipation etc.

Thread Information