Thread: I did a search :(

I did a search :(

Hi,

So long story short my doctor discovered ectopic beats whilst I was at the surgery for a completely different matter. He asked about any other problems I was having and my long list of aches and pains and fatigue came flooding out! He poked and prodded and I imagined he was looking toward Fibro as I've thought of that a while myself. He was very reassuring and said the ectopic were very normal but he would get me an ECG booked in and a full blood test at the same time to test the thyroid, Chronic Fatigue and inflammatory markers. I'm booked in tomorrow it was last Tues when I saw him so I was quite calm, figured if it was anything serious he'd have got me in sooner or sent to me to the hospital for it.
    So what's worrying me? Well it was innocent on my part I was just genuinely interested as to what these inflammatory markers where, what levels were considered high etc etc I mean inflammatory, that made sense in my mind that inflammation would cause inflammatory markers......Google disagrees :( apparently high markers can mean the C word.
    I've stayed calm and relaxed all week just for me to discover this the day before...and if my rambling hadn't given it away I'm slightly panicking now
    Has anyone had this come back high for a benign reason? Or any general advice?

Re: I did a search :(

Have you actually had raised inflammatory markers or are you just worried because your Dr said je was looking for them? As far as I understand there are different sorts of inflammatory markers and they can be raised for all sorts of reasons, such as an injury or a common virus. my friend had tests recently and hers were sky high. After some mote tests she found out she had glandular fever. That was a few months ago and now she is almost totally better. Cancer would certainly not be the most likely cause of raised inflammatory markers.

Thread Information