Thread: ANY TIPS?

Exclamation ANY TIPS?

Any tips guys? To help this anxiety! I know distraction works (sometimes) but it,s very hard to explain anxiety.... Everyday i worry either bout me or my kids & i just want to be normal & feel normal. I mean i,ve got a cold & realy bad cold in my eyes but i keep thinking it,s something more. Every lttle twinge i think the worst.... I feel like crap. :(

Re: ANY TIPS?

I know how you feel. It's hard to feel so worried about every little thing all the time. I recently learned a technique called Emotional Freedom Technique. It's a bit 'out there' as it involves tapping on certain points of your body with your fingers while saying certain things. It is meant to work on the Chinese meridian theory. I have only just started doing it, I don't know if it will help at all yet but the main thing about it is that it gives you something to actually do when your anxiety is so bad that you feel like you can't handle it. I guess it's a bit like distraction but you are acknowledging your anxiety rather than trying to ignore it. You can look it up on yourltube. Like I say, might be a bit weird but I am happy to try anything!

hi fruity im exactly the same and if i went to the doctors about all my health worries , id be there every day - no joke!!!

your not alone - ive got 2 kids and can seriously relate to this. All i can say is this is all part and parcel of dreaded anxiety, your right distraction is key and relaxation.

yep tapping exercises - you tube - great 4 this

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    I know how you feel. It's hard to feel so worried about every little thing all the time. I recently learned a technique called Emotional Freedom Technique. It's a bit 'out there' as it involves tapping on certain points of your body with your fingers while saying certain things. It is meant to work on the Chinese meridian theory. I have only just started doing it, I don't know if it will help at all yet but the main thing about it is that it gives you something to actually do when your anxiety is so bad that you feel like you can't handle it. I guess it's a bit like distraction but you are acknowledging your anxiety rather than trying to ignore it. You can look it up on yourltube. Like I say, might be a bit weird but I am happy to try anything!
    thank u cattia. i will look that up.

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    hi fruity im exactly the same and if i went to the doctors about all my health worries , id be there every day - no joke!!!

your not alone - ive got 2 kids and can seriously relate to this. All i can say is this is all part and parcel of dreaded anxiety, your right distraction is key and relaxation.

yep tapping exercises - you tube - great 4 this
    thank u col

Try reading a book called
    At last a life by Paul David
    It really helped me from the point where I was to scared to leave the house now I would say 4 days out of 7 I am not to bad
    Really good book

Quote Originally Posted by mossypwl View Post
    Try reading a book called
    At last a life by Paul David
    It really helped me from the point where I was to scared to leave the house now I would say 4 days out of 7 I am not to bad
    Really good book
    thank u

Thread Information