Thread: Extremely dizzy since yesterday

Extremely dizzy since yesterday

I've been dizzy since 7pm yesterday and I've been laying down almost this whole time because it feels like the room is spinning. When I get up, I feel like I can't walk because i'm dizzy but when I lay down, its worse. I almost dozed off around 2AM ((its 3:28AM right now)) but I was so dizzy and I felt like..I was confused. My mom happened to be awake an hour ago and I got up to talk to her and she said I sound drunk. I have no idea what could be causing this. I had a CT scan (last month) and a MRI last week and both were normal but I've been seeing a lot of flashes in my vision over the last 24 hours. I am 20, I don't drink at all or do any drugs. I'm really confused as to why this all of a sudden started happening and my anxiety is all over the place because the MRI was good..

I know what vertigo is but I really don't believe that's what it is, whats happening to me? I wasn't exposed to any loud noise, I didn't leave my home to have anything happen to me and I ate and drank normally.

Re: Extremely dizzy since yesterday

The vision flashes suggest to me that this is some type of migraine - do you ever get those? Although you say you don't think it's vertigo, google Migraine Associated Vertigo (or MAV) and see if any of it makes sense.

I have had quite a few spells of vertigo, it just suddenly started out of nowhere about 14 months ago. It happened every month for a couple of months, my gp said it was a type of migraine (I've had migraines with aura quite a few times) and related to my hormonal cycle.

One of the worst things when I had this was if I turned over in bed - it felt like the whole world had turned upside down and my head felt like it was being pulled to the ground, hard to explain. It really felt like there was a strong force pulling my head in different directions. Just wierd! And very scary.

Be reassured by your normal CT and MRI results - but tell your gp what's happening.

xx

Thread Information