Thread: Another Liver Test

Exclamation Another Liver Test

Hiya after routine blood tests my liver function tests were high so i had another one which was still abit high , i then had futher tests for hepatits which were negative . Lastly i had a ultrasound of the liver which was completly normal . so went back to docs today and he has booked me in for another blood test to check the lfts again and for copper and some other things which he didnt tell me i tried to luk at the list and it was something starting with c ,a long word . im now really worried any advice ?x

Re: Another Liver Test

Anybody got any ideas what these tests could be? Or if ther could be any other explanations for it really worried x

I guess it depends which liver tests were high?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

alt and ast i think? , i just cant understand how the ultrasound was normal and the other blood test also , and as for the copper i didnt even know there was an illness to do with that!x

Not sure sorry - you really need to ask the doctor what the tests are and why the levels could be high.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

oh no i googled and theres something called wilsons disease which is this copper thing it sounds awful im definitly going back monday to see my usual doctor and try get some answers i seem to have had all the possible tests to do with liver function so there cant be many more left i have readsome peoples are just above borderline naturally so im hoping im one of those people!

Thread Information