Thread: horrible ache on right side of lower back

horrible ache on right side of lower back

Ive been getting this horrible ache feeling on the right side of my lower back. I can tell its bowel related because when I go to the toilet it hurts worse when I push and leaves a sharp shooting pain going down to my bottom inside my bowels.

It was really bad on Tuesday night that it had me in tears and the only way to relieve the pain was to put a hot water bottle on it. It sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable to walk as the pain can feel bad.

Has anyone had this? How do you think I can get rid of it? I definitely know it comes from my bowels. Ive had the pain there since Monday and Ive been going through a dark cloud of depression for the last month so it doesn't help it with this pain as Im getting anxiety too.

Re: horrible ache on right side of lower back

Hunny, do you have endo? It can get on the bowel... just a thought xxx

Hi Angelai I had my endometriosis removed last October with a laparoscopy and they saw my other organs so I don't think its that.

Thanks for your help though

Yeah, I thought you had. It can't always be seen at lap, and it can come back - I do hope it hasn't though.

Have you been 'going' ok? Well, as ok as you can with ibs! Any other symptoms like fever or anything? It's so frustrating not knowing what our bodies are doing, and it really doesn't help the anxiety, I know. I sometimes get much worse bowel pain, and shooting pains up my bottom, with my cycles (I can't say period because apparently I 'can't' have those without a uterus...).

I feel for you x

Thanks for that. My periods have been fine and I don't have it right now. The pain comes and goes and yes I know what you mean with it playing on the anxiety. I hate the shooting pains up the bottom they are horrible.

I don't have any fevers or anything I just have that pain and its annoying me.

hi PinkRoxy... sorry to hear about these pains :( i was also going to ask if there's a chance of constipation, as i know you can get those kind of pains with that..

was your laparoscopy the only surgery you've had in that area? because after 'normal' surgery, you can get adhesions which can cause pain for quite a while, sometimes years..

& sometimes i know that pain can come from straining, or from inner piles, & if you have IBS that could be a real possibility.... maybe you should get brave and go show your nether regions to a friendly doc on Monday, if only for reassurance...

Thanks Daisy Sue

I could possibly have piles as I do often get sore around there. I do get lots of problems with bowels and constipations but I have been going ok lately.

I will probably get it checked out if it gets worse Ive been to my doctor so many times a week ago for cystitis and I have to go to tell her about me feeling depressed so this just makes more stuff on the list.

Thanks though for your information and support.

Thread Information