Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone else have this issue witgh bright light...

anyone else have this issue witgh bright light...

with me i found that certain bright lights make me feel detached/anxious,like the big strip lights .does anyone else get this?i hatre bright light|always makes me feel funny

Re: anyone else have this issue witgh bright light...

Do you mean the florescent strip lights? these give me a terrible headache. I remember reading of an incident where they were having terrible behaviour problems with a child in school but he was no problem outside of the classroom and could work well in other rooms. It was found that the florescent lighting in the classroom was having an affect on his behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    Do you mean the florescent strip lights? these give me a terrible headache. I remember reading of an incident where they were having terrible behaviour problems with a child in school but he was no problem outside of the classroom and could work well in other rooms. It was found that the florescent lighting in the classroom was having an affect on his behaviour.
    hey,
    yes those lights,i have one in the kitchen.they always make me feel weird if im out there too long.do you get this?

I found this on Fehrman books website. Here are known facts in a nutshell: fluorescent light gives off a very distorted spectrum which is very different from the natural daylight in which our bodies have evolved. Fluorescent light disrupts our circadian rhythms – our body’s regulator mechanism – and in doing so studies have shown negative health effects from minor annoyances such as headaches, eyestrain, fatigue, and weight gain, to serious effects such as insomnia and sleep disturbances,

I hate those. I have actually heard a lot of things about artificial lights giving people anxiety and it is better for you to have natural lighting (like windows, etc) instead. I know they definitely bother me. I have no window in my office, just a fluorescent light and I get really anxious.

I used to have them in my kitchen but had them removed because of the effects from them. We have them at work and I hate them, i would rather work in the dark then switch them on.

yes,thats interesting,i was sure it was the lights.they are horrible things!at least i know i was right about this thank you xx

I am so glad you posted this! That must be why I don't like being in supermarkets. Stupid things they are way too bright. I walked into Tescos the other day at night and walked straight back out and sat in the car whilst my partner did the shopping. Felt a bit silly when I realised I did not feel good due to the lighting.

I am surprised they still use them, they are so bad.

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

http://voices.yahoo.com/effects-flou...89.html?cat=25

Quote Originally Posted by rainfairy View Post
    I am so glad you posted this! That must be why I don't like being in supermarkets. Stupid things they are way too bright. I walked into Tescos the other day at night and walked straight back out and sat in the car whilst my partner did the shopping. Felt a bit silly when I realised I did not feel good due to the lighting.
    exactly the same as me!i cant stand shopping markets.the lights are waaaaay to bright.at least we now know its cos of the light,and we are not alone in this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information