Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diazepam Vs Quetiapine

Re: Diazepam Vs Quetiapine

The problem is AuntieMoosie, they are not helping me, it hasnt been long I know, but they are not doing what it says on the tin, I get the sleeping like the dead, the fatigue, the falling asleep in the afternoon, the dreams where Marco Pierre White is a vampire who bites me and turns me into a vampire (lol) but they are neither relaxing me or easing the anxiety, this morning when I woke up I was a lot worse than normal, couldnt touch any drink or food for ages. Maybe I need the slow release version, if I could ever get in to see my psychiatrist id probably get somewhere, but they keep cancelling my appointments. Ive also had 3 migraines in the past 2 weeks, and not had one of those for quite a while, got one today and it bleeding hurts so im blaming the quetiapine for those too, even tho it probably isnt their fault

Im in a position at the minute where there is no point seeing my doctor cos she cant do anything else, I cant get to see the Psych cos they cancel my appointments due to illness, snow, and the medication isnt working, so im getting annoyed because I feel left in the lurch, tho I know it will be sorted, just need patience and maybe a review.

Re: Diazepam Vs Quetiapine

Dazza,
    I don't know your history but based on this thread alone, after reading up about quetiapine, it does seem rather a strong med even at a small dose for anxiety although I can see why the psych is trying it.

Based on my experience, I was once under a psych who prescribed loads of differents types of ad's for me as well as diazepam and probably the worst of the lot seroxat. After they had tried them all with no permanent effect, they signed me off saying that I suffered from severe general anxiety which I knew all the time which I also thought they knew because of my history and the circumstances I was living in. I went along with them thinking that ad's were the cure as I didn't know alot about them in those days. Only after I came off them did I realise myself why they weren't working - the reason being things at home and at work were causing me so much stress which was causing overload so the proper cure was to find ways to ease those pressures which I did when I stopped the meds when I realised what the actual causes were.

I want to be careful what I say though because those were my exeriences and my causes whereas I don't know enough about your issues, and maybe with your problem it's usual to treat it with a med. I would ask your speech therapist for her opinion about the meds though to see if she thinks they're normally prescribed for your type of problem.

Something else that might help you is see if you can find any others who have had exactly the problem as you and see what has worked for them so that you know which would probably be the right track for you.

Regarding the headaches and nightmares, I feel pretty sure the meds are causing them so you should tell your gp what you're experiencing as they won't be helping and they should be made aware. When I tried seroxat I had terrible side-effects so they took me off them and I found later I never needed them anyway.

I do think trial and error is used alot to find what has the most benefit for the individual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information