Thread: Confused about bowel movement timing

Question Confused about bowel movement timing

Basically I'm becoming anxious alot mostly over bowel movements, ocd, urine worries ect.

If I go too much/too little I worry. Right now I usually go 6 out of 7 days per week usually it varies from 5pm if I'm off work or if I'm working I'm finding I go at midnight or later as I stay up late. I find it all holds off until one movement and I can be on the toilet for 30+ mins.

However I've been googling all sorts over the months from bowel obstructions which is rare I'm told to hemorrhoids (piles).

When I was anxious alot I about two years ago I went in separate movements maybe 5-6 times per day but I cut the worry and manage it in one movement now. Sometimes I feel I need but without any effort I don't usually go so is that ok? should I be trying to go that's what I'm confused about. If I've not went in a day I go to bed anxious..I get cramps like I need but I sort of trust it may be one for tomorrow..is that normal?

I dislike using public toilets but at the same time I don't want to be having plans and finding I'm hours on the toilet..I find I get anxious about going but I know it's irrational as everybody has to do the toilet. If I really need generally I've found myself going right away after work as I couldn't hold in really..so I don't feel I'm stopping myself going.

The issue is when I get a slight urge..which everybody gets to go..is when I go? Do I go and try for a little or is it perfectly fine to leave it until a larger movement if It's not a big urge? As I say 6 out of 7 days I go atleast once..the odd time twice now. From going too much that's good but I now fear this piles if I don't go alot. Generally I worry less about it now I manage what I eat e.g if I have a curry I expect a 30 min trip but eating healthy like baked potatoes causes me less of an upset. Also I feel the urge to shower after a bowel movement but it's not helping my skin too much showering so I'm trying to fix this.

My other thing is urine, worrying about splashes the other night I had to resist throwing out brand new jeans as a splash of urine hit my leg..possibly a drip hit my jeans I couldn't be 100% but the anxiety kept giving me thoughts..then If I have any cuts on my mans area or even backside I get anxious..the odd time from using too much toilet roll I get this..only the odd time.
    So basically is my movements normal? Should I go more or what?

Re: Confused about bowel movement timing

Phil have you talked to your doctor about these worries you have? I think its important for you to have a good talk to them as you being anxious over these things is not good for you. I think your bowel movements are normal but I do think that you having anxiety attacks is not going to help your digestive system run normal.

I really think you need to talk to someone maybe even ask your doctor for some counselling as I would find that a lot of your anxiety would be what is causing you health problems. I understand what its like to be worrying over things and wondering the what ifs but I don't think you should have to live like this especially not alone.

I hope you are able to get he help you need and start to feel better but I do recommend calling your doctor and making that step to tell them what is going on and how you are feeling.

All the best aye

Thread Information