Thread: Zoloft 50 mg physical side effects

Question Zoloft 50 mg physical side effects

Hi guys,

I have been on zoloft for 8 weeks now and although I can see some minor psychological improvement (I was too conscious about my health, not so much lately) I have experienced some physical symptoms and I'll be very grateful if you can share your experience with me.

About two monts ago I was prescribed Xanax and zoloft. I was on Xanax only the first week (2 pills of 0,5 mg a day) and I felt great. Then the doctor prescibed zoloft and after the first week I was on 50 mg a day (the Xanax, too). Then I started experiencing some side effects (loss of appetite, night sweats, sleepiness) but after a couple of weeks they disappeared. The only side effects that are present at the moment (I am off Xanax for 3 days now) are muscle fatigue and stiffness and overall fatigue. My legs are shaking a bit when standing up and I feel like my muscles (calves especially) are constantly tensed.

Has anyone experienced this on zoloft? I hoped that after 8 weeks I'll be feeling better but these physical symptoms are not helping.

Re: Zoloft 50 mg physical side effects

Hmm... so many views and obviously no one has experienced this.

Just a little clarification:

2 weeks ago I was on a vacation and I felt almost perfect - no muscle stiffness and fatigue, just a little shaking. But when I came back to work on the next week the muscle problems started again. Do you think it has something to do with my anxiety/depression or it may be the zoloft?

Hi Pavel,

I've only been on 50mg Sertraline for four weeks so far. I've had a few of the side effects you mention, such as the loss of appetite, night sweats, general sleepiness... I also find myself extremely tired/fatigued throughout the day, but then at night when I'm supposed to sleep I simply don't feel tired.

I've definitely noticed that how I feel during the day depends greatly on any stress or anxiety I feel that day. I've been pushing myself to go out more, go into work, etc, and that can completely wipe me out.

I've also been taking 0.5mg of Lorazepam as and when I need it. My doctor said I should be on enough Sertraline to not need anything else, but when I tried 100mg of Sertraline for one day, I got all of the side effects I had when I started taking Sertraline but much worse - extreme night sweats and sweaty hands also - so I went back down to 50mg and have been dealing better.

With the little experience I have, I can only hope others here can give you more advice with their experiences. I'd suggest discussing with your doctor. Are you on any other medication now or is it only the 50mg Sertraline?

Hi Cassius,

Right now I'm on Zoloft only (50mg/day). I am taking it in the morning around 10 am and I definitely feel better at night. I will most certainly talk to my psychiatrist soon but I am thinking I have a major health issue - MS, neurological problems, etc.

I hope it will go away but in the last 6 weeks it's driving me crazy.

Thread Information