Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Blue Monday? Try Blue Weekend!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    122

    Blue Monday? Try Blue Weekend!

    What an utterly rubbish weekend I've had. Nothing works

    I had a neurology check up last week and got the all clear, well, in the sense of they put down all my problems to depression and anxiety (isn't everything?) and things started to look up until this weekend

    I'm feeling weak and tired. My legs have no energy and I feel like I'm going to collapse. I cleared the snow out of the drive and was fine, I know I'm not going to collapse and it's all down to my emotions but I still can't cope. I love the snow and where I live is pretty but I'm just terrified and anxious, thinking 'what if something happens and the ambulance can't get here' 'what if I fall in the snow and have no energy to get up'

    I'm eating like mad to try and get some energy, I might be high on caffeine!

    I'm worn out and my health anxiety is kicking in, I'm googling every little symptom that pops up. I've had a few drinks this weekend which probably didn't help but I thought it might relax me.

    I'm just fed up of having normal weeks and then hitting horrible lows. I hate feeling like this and I think its worse knowing the facts and trying mindfulness etc but it having no effect. Just utterly euuuugh!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    544

    Re: Blue Monday? Try Blue Weekend!

    hi there. I had a crappy weekend as well. Had been doing really well then crashed on Friday night! Starting to feel better now but was really depressed yesterday and this morning. Just felt constantly on the verge of tears. Just try not to get down with little blips and focus on the positives. Thats what ive been doing this afternoon. Just looking back over my diary from when things were worse. It puts it into perspective just how far Ive come because yesterday I just kept thinkgin I was going back to square one. Im not, its a blip.
    __________________
    Anxiety.........you have been selected for termination

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    379

    Re: Blue Monday? Try Blue Weekend!

    I wish those blips would just "blip off" they are awful:(. I am VERY slowly coming out of mine but don't want to speak to soon! Every time I come through the blip I seem to learn more. Do you think we can be over sensitive though? Eg we know what the dreadful dark side is like so we panic if we start feeling it again?

    Jackie x

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    544

    Re: Blue Monday? Try Blue Weekend!

    Hi Jackie, glad youre coming out of yours. Yes I do think that at the time we feel worse when we have a blip. I think for me this is because when Im doing well I almost feel normal again and whilst you are anxious and depressed you think that its going to be really hard to remember what feeling normal is like. I dont think it is though. After a few days I feel great then when the blip comes its like its all starting over again. But of course its not! You cant ever go right back to square one if you have done things like CBT etc and it has worked for you. Im aware of it now. The negative thoughts are a lot less than they used to be before CBT and the chest pains are no where near as bad as a few months ago but of course when they all started again after a week of calm, its scary and I think you forget how much progress you have made.

    Its all part of getting better though and the doctor and my therapist both said to expect them. Hey ho.
    __________________
    Anxiety.........you have been selected for termination

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    122

    Re: Blue Monday? Try Blue Weekend!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnie365 View Post
    hi there. I had a crappy weekend as well. Had been doing really well then crashed on Friday night! Starting to feel better now but was really depressed yesterday and this morning. Just felt constantly on the verge of tears. Just try not to get down with little blips and focus on the positives. Thats what ive been doing this afternoon. Just looking back over my diary from when things were worse. It puts it into perspective just how far Ive come because yesterday I just kept thinkgin I was going back to square one. Im not, its a blip.
    Glad to hear your back on your feet. Its' the way the physical symptoms take over that get me, they really take control and push the anxiety up to highs. Tingling in the arms, chest pains, feeling weak. Convince myself I'm on the verge of having something terrible happen.



    Quote Originally Posted by jackie13 View Post
    I wish those blips would just "blip off" they are awful:(. I am VERY slowly coming out of mine but don't want to speak to soon! Every time I come through the blip I seem to learn more. Do you think we can be over sensitive though? Eg we know what the dreadful dark side is like so we panic if we start feeling it again?

    Jackie x
    I think your right Jackie, it's worse for me because I took it on myself to learn all about the physical symptoms and mental symptoms so I understand whats' happening to me but still can't control it. My CBT therarpist has suggested that I'm simply just fighting things in a different way to what I was doing and not accepting and being in the moment. I guess it's the methodical way I approach stuff.

    I guess that does make the lows lower!

  6. #6

    Re: Blue Monday? Try Blue Weekend!

    Hate blue Monday. Yesterday was a wipe out but I decided that activity today was better than carrying on sleeping. All gymned out now but that was because I was feeling stubborn that I wasn't going to let the Depression and anxiety win today.

    Those thinking of the gym. Don't be frightened as 95% of the people are just ordinary all different shapes and sizes. The muscle boys and gym bunnies were vastly outnumbered. I go to a fancy one only because I prefer a pool as well as steam rooms too. Better than spending it on subs for BSkyB...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    122

    Re: Blue Monday? Try Blue Weekend!

    Quote Originally Posted by Londonguy71 View Post
    Hate blue Monday. Yesterday was a wipe out but I decided that activity today was better than carrying on sleeping. All gymned out now but that was because I was feeling stubborn that I wasn't going to let the Depression and anxiety win today.

    Those thinking of the gym. Don't be frightened as 95% of the people are just ordinary all different shapes and sizes. The muscle boys and gym bunnies were vastly outnumbered. I go to a fancy one only because I prefer a pool as well as steam rooms too. Better than spending it on subs for BSkyB...
    I'm put off by the gym being so expensive and my health anxiety kicking in and me convincing myself and the rest of the gym that my time is up!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Blue Monday
    By lovemenot in forum General Anxiety / Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-01-13, 20:34
  2. out of blue it comes
    By DEBBZ in forum Symptoms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-10-11, 21:01
  3. out of the blue
    By emmi in forum General Anxiety / Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-07-11, 16:28
  4. Out of the blue
    By Sunkid in forum Symptoms
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-12-10, 16:06

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •