Sorry peeps, it's me again! I had a horrid experience yesterday when I was admitted to A&E for chest pains, shortness of breath and a rapid heart rate. The pains and breath-shortage are diminishing now, but I still have the latter symptom. It tends to happen when I'm lying in bed and change position, or if I crouch shortly after eating a meal - like this morning.

I had just had food 30 minutes before, and I was finishing a shower. When I crouched to pick up some clothes, I felt a very heavy double-beat (a powerful ectopic maybe, I do get ectopics) and my heart rate rocketed. I've never felt 35 beats in 15 seconds, so you can imagined I freaked out. 5 minutes later after standing up for a spell, it was gone. Crouching again bought it back. Eep!

So I have a few questions to see if anyone else has what I've had.

- Can GERD cause symptoms like a burning throat, tight chest and of course rapid heart rate?
- What's a vagus nerve? I heard from someone that it might be irritated if it is GERD, but if it is, does that mean the nerve is damaged? Furthermore, how would I know if it's the vagus nerve without having anything stuck down my throat?
- I hear Ginger is good for acid. What about Ginger biscuits/snaps or Lemon and Ginger tea? That's all I could find at the shop today! XD

Panic over. Thank you!