Thread: wedding anxiety

wedding anxiety

Hi. I've been invited to a wedding in april. Boyfriends sisters wedding. Very anxious about this day. I have never met his family before so it's all new to me. I haven't of yet said I would go as I'm really unsure of what is expected of me? I'm sure ill feel incredibly awkward. I really don't want to be making the impression that I'm a complete loser if you know what I mean. First of all I have no idea what to wear to this,what would be appropriate? Should I bring a gift? Etc never been to a wedding before so this is all so daunting. I really would like to go and enjoy myself but I'm afraid ill clam up and get panicky. Any tips? Thanks in advance

Re: wedding anxiety

hi I can understand how you feel definitley an anxious event but you can do it! I think that the best person to talk to about a gift would be your boyfriend wht does he think would be appropriate. As for what to wear just wear something that you feel comfortable and confident in. Something quite dressed up but not overly so.
    Your boyfriend obviously doesn't think you're a loser so there's no reason why his family would!
    I think a good idea would be to think beforehand on conversation topics to make small talk, the week or so before read all the newspapers and magazines so then you've got a quite broad knowledge base to chat with others with
    Best wishes I'm sure you'll have a great time
    X

Re: wedding anxiety

You could explain to your boyfriend and maybe arrange to meet his parents before then.
    Other than that, I believe peoples attention will be on the bride and groom as long as you dont wear a wedding dress.
    Have fun.

p.s maybe there'll be bridesmaids in awful looking outfits to distract everyone.

Thread Information