Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrified I might be pregnant!

Re: Terrified I might be pregnant!

do you reckon my local chemist does them?
    its only small but should do right?

- Emily Brontë

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

I think most chemists will sell them and the supermarket will too.

I don't want to upset you more but if it was about 14days ago then you most likely were ovulating... And the withdrawal method isn't very safe. My second daughter was made from a one night without a condom with me stupidly thinking no one actually gets pregnant just doing it the once... Turns out they do. But that wasn't using withdrawal. I think you need to test sooner than later and then talk through your bf about what you want to do xxx

You can't get pregnant if he pulls out. The only way that precum can have sperm in it is if he has ejaculated recently before this time and has not been for a pee between. Peeing clears all the sperm from the tube inside his penis and therefore you cannot get pregnant in this way. As someone who has fallen pregnant twice using contraception and now I am very scared to fall pregnant again, I am using the pull out method as my only contraception and we have been fine so far.

I know how scary it is to take a test, I have thought I could be pregnant (as in, been almost 100% certain) on about 10 separate occasions - both my positive pregnancy tests came when I didn't really think I was pregnant!

Anxiety sometimes makes your cycle wonky. My last cycle lasted five days extra and I am usually pretty regular too. The only way yo find out is to test.

You can get pregnant this way! Sperm can leak out before ejaculation

I think you need to start using alternative contraception to be honest so you don't have this stress again next time.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It can only leak in rare cases, as a rrsult of a medical condition. Pulling out is 99% effective, providing he pulls out on time. This is the same success rate as condoms, the pill and the injection. The only more effective method of contraception is charting your cycle.
    This comes from my GP who knows how easily I fall pregnant (once on the pill and once with a condom, both used properly)
    I also found this (along with lots of other websites saying the same thing) online:
    "Finally a group of GYN’s published a study in an attempt to put down this urban legend. Twelve men (including five which were being evaluated for known premature ejaculation) were tested on at least two separate occasions for the presence of sperm in the pre-ejaculatory fluid. After ejaculation they were then given a standard semen sample evaluation. While all men had normal sperm counts and motility, NONE of them had sperm found in their pre-ejaculatory fluids (Zukerman, 2003).

This data would suggest that risk for pregnancy after contact with pre-ejaculatory is very small. Now perhaps, if the male partner has already begun to climax, pregnancy is possible."

So, in other words, if he pulled out before he began to ejaculate, there should be no sperm.

Well I found loads of sites saying women had got pregnant using that method so I guess you take your chances. I would never trust that method at all to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes, you can get pregnant but only if he doesn't pull out in time.
    I know my boyfriend will pull out on time, every time as he knows how fertile we appear to be, whereas I don't quite trust a 1mm sheet of rubber or a bunch of hormones, they don't have as much at stake as we do haha.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one lol

condoms are as reliable as the method you are using if your facts are correct though.

Sorry but I have to agree with Nic here.... I have found a few quotes that say it too....The 2nd quote comes from the NHS website, so a professional site........ I am pretty sure I would not trust that method

A Female Can't Get Pregnant if the Male "Pulls Out" Before He Ejaculates

This is a huge myth! withdrawal is not always a reliable method, and there are several reasons for this. Once a male becomes aroused, he ejects pre-ejaculate fluid -- this fluid can contain at least 300,000 sperm (and it only takes 1 to join an egg)! There is also the risk that he doesn't pull out in time as, in the heat of the moment, it can be hard to keep control. Even if he ejaculates outside of the vagina, sperm can swim, so semen anywhere near the vagina can still lead to pregnancy (this means that pregnancy can occur even without penile penetration if a male ejaculates on or near the vagina). Withdrawal can be an effective method, but only if it is done perfectly (which is extremely hard to do).

You can get pregnant if a boy withdraws (pulls out) his penis before he comes.

There's a myth that a girl can’t get pregnant if a boy withdraws his penis before he ejaculates (comes). The truth is, pulling out the penis won’t stop a girl from getting pregnant.
    Before a boy ejaculates, there's sperm in the pre-ejaculatory fluid (pre-come), which leaks out when he gets excited. It only takes one sperm to get a girl pregnant. Pre-come can contain STIs, so withdrawing the penis won't prevent you from getting an infection.
    If a boy says he’ll take care to withdraw before he ejaculates, don’t believe him. Nobody can stop themselves from leaking sperm before they come. Always use a condom to protect yourself against STIs, and also use other contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information