Thread: Odd bladder emptying problem.

Odd bladder emptying problem.

Hi,

I've got quite an odd bladder problem I'm wondering whether anyone could shed some light on.

The problem happens mostly at night time before bed, and It's been happening for about a week now. I urinate but never seem to be able to completely empty my bladder. And within 10 minutes have to return to the toilet. This can happen quite a few times. I never wake up needing to urinate, and during the day I can easily spend 4 or 5 hours without urinating.

I did do a bit of googling and the inevitable 'prostate cancer' came up, but I'm not too worried about it as the average age of diagnosis is 71 and I'm 24.

Has anyone had similar? I'm not convinced it's anxiety related, as I've been feeling 'fine' for a few weeks now.

The list of explanations I've thought up are:
    - Infection
    - Dehydration
    - Obesity

P.S. Also quite often my urine is cloudy, has been on and off for a few years. I told my GP last year about it, she did dip-test on a sample (which was non-cloudy) and said it looked OK.

Re: Odd bladder emptying problem.

I have heard that anxiety can give similar symptoms to a Urinary tract infection, the only other Idea that comes to mind is bloating from ibs may make you feel like this through pressure. If neither of those anxiety can make you need to urinate the whole time, I highly doubt it is caused by obesity and infection and definitely not prostate cancer!
    Hope you feel better
    Nick

Jim

Dr.Google can be very misleading.

As you are only 24 the likelyhood of prostrate cancer is very remote and one sometimes doesn't get any noticeable symptoms .

All men over the age of 50 should have a blood test for prostate cancer every couple of years not as you say "as the average age of diagnosis is 71 ".

To me it sounds like either a bacterial infection which does not always show up with a dip stick test or even a lab test or possibly a urinary tract infection or even something that will just go away as easily as it started.

I wouldn't worry too much,but if it persists go back to your doctor and if anything is found anti biotices should clear the problem.

Hi and thanks for the replies.

#May be going into graphic detail#

Things seem to be a lot worse today than yesterday. Starting to urinate has gotten a bit more difficult, so has keeping it going.

As well as feeling that my bladder is full I've been getting a bit of discomfort beneath the base of my penis (prostate?).

I'm going to see how things go tomorrow and may make an appointment with my GP.

This whole business is starting to worry me a bit now, and I thought I was finally moving away from health anxiety...

---------- Post added 24-01-13 at 02:01 ---------- Previous post was 23-01-13 at 23:45 ----------

I've also been having on and off lower abdominal cramps for about a week. Once they were so bad they had me keeled over on my bed.

Could this whole thing be IBS? Does that affect urinating?

HI this could be Prostatitis, I have had it on & off for years. Go see your gp if he or she is any good they will give you a digital rectal examination not very pleasant but will let them know if it is prostatitis, then antibiotics
    it should clear up then.

Good luck

Thread Information