Thread: Gurgling stomach

Gurgling stomach

Hi guys, don't worry this isn't one of my epic panics...the sertraline has well and truly kicked in so I don't think I can panic anymore. I have to say I'm not sure I'm enjoying being on these meds yet. I feel quite out of it and flat...they also seem to be playing havoc with my IBS :( I've got a really gurgling stomach, especially on my left side and loose stools (not always but often). I've also got some trapped wind as either the sertraline or the iron tablets are making me gassy.

Is this normal? I feel on the edge of worry, I just need some reassurance.

Thank you all again xxx

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

Anyone??
    Last edited by Button1; 23-01-13 at 14:52.

Re: Gurgling stomach

Hi Button, I have only just got in from work and seen your post, to be honest it could be either but I do not know anything about Sertraline, I do know that iron tablets can make your tummy gurgle and hurt a bit and give you wind, just persevere with both as eventually the side effects will go as your body gets used to them.

Pleased you are not feeling panicky anymore, just give them time and you will pick up, they take a few weeks.

Hope this helps a bit. xxx

Janine, thank you. I know the cocktail I'm on (sertraline, lactulose and iron tablets) will probably play havoc with my digestion it's just I'm still very phobic about going to the toilet and whilst I can't panic, I still feel an intense fear deep down.

I did just want everything to go back to normal but I can't imagine how that will happen now.

X

The lactulose could be causing the gurgling feeling in your stomach.

It will Button just be patient, honestly its a wonder you can't hear my stomach gurgling from where you are, its having one of its really noisy days and i can feel all the movments and it is just like it some days, because of the problems I have had with it sometimes it does worry me but mostly I try and ignore it, not always easy but I try hard to distract myself. xx

Some times my tummy makes the weirdest noises it freaks me out until I realize it's my tummy : )
    Keep drinking water and maybe try some mint tea.

Thread Information