Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B complex and racing heart???

B complex and racing heart???

hi everyone...about 1 month ago i started taking 100mg b complex......but then dropped to 50 mg 2 weeks ago....i then started more so than usual feeling my heart racing..and having palpitations more so, like i had a lot of nervous energy....which i didnt like so i have stopped taking them and my heart has calmed down..just gone back on usual mulitvit with RDA of b complex
    has anyone els noticed this whilst taking a high b complex
    I thought it was meant to help the nervous system??
    Or im thinking it could be a coincidence...i dont know not sure whether to try them again?

hi
    im on vit b6 and i havent noticed the heart thing, mine races now and then anyway, but i do know if you think its that, like any anxiety symptom, you can bet your life that it will happen if you believe it, the mind is a wonderful thing lol.
    julie

we are all stronger people after having this

Hi,
    Has not happened to me and I am on a multi plus a Vit B and C complex.

Good Luck
    Cheers
    Paul

Learning to under react

I took a multi and a vit B complex and pretty soon I had a lot of nervous energy and all sorts of wierd sensations. I stopped taking the vit B complex and started to feel much better within days.

That's really interesting because I have my anxiety under control at the moment but can't stop the palpitations. Maybe I will stop my B complex for a while and see if this improves.

i take a bcomplex everyday (10mgs ?) and have not noticed any unusally high levels of palpitations other than those i occasionally have.

i think the symptoms may be linked to the high level you were taking i guess although i cannot be sure.

i do know that the b vitamins are recommended for anyone who has a 'nervous' condition and also compliment other herbal remedies such as 5HTP, SAMe etc

Well, I've stopped taking my vit B complex for about 10 days now and definitely the palpitations have improved. I'm only getting them very mildly and not so often, certainly easier to live with. But my mood is quite low and I don't know what's worse! I will stay off them for a while and see how I go. My palpitations started I think about a month or so after I started taking them; I'm wondering if I reached a "normal" level and didn't need so much. Perhaps I should switch to a normal multi vitamin instead.

Weird though, and I can't find any info on the internet to see if there is a link or if this is coincidence.

Does anyone else know?

That's a real coincidence. You can overdose on Vit B and I think some of our bodies are over sensitive to it. Glad you are feeling better anyhow.

Dave

I was taking the B vit complex and after a few months started getting fluttery feelings in heart. Read this post, stopped taking them and feel OK (fluttery heart feeling stopped). Perhaps we do get to a level where we don't need to take it anymore and it's our body's way of telling us we're 'topped up' so to speak. Just taking a multi-vit now.

Kay x

hi,

i started taking B complex about a month ago, and it doesnt agree with me either, it makes me go to the loo if you know what i mean pmsl.

i have had to stay clear of it need to know what else to go on any tips

ruth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information