Thread: Please help with taper table

Please help with taper table

Hi, new here just joined. Could someone help please. I have been on 2 5mg tabs of diazepan for two years. My old Doctor has retired. The new one says he wants me off them, he will continue 2 times 5 tabs per day for 1 month and then drop me to 2 2mg tabs a day for 2 months then off. I have 30 tabs accumulated over the years. Could someone help with a safer taper table please I think this is 2 quick. The Ashton Manual doesn't seem tp cover what the Doc says is a very low dose and easy to come off. I'm worried sick, some of the worry comes from reading forums...

Re: Please help with taper table

Hi Jono,

I had been on 12mg daily for 7 months when I first started to taper. My GP was great and said to just take it at my own pace. So I started by reducing 1mg a day every 2 weeks. By the time I got down to 8mg, I was having some rebound anxiety so I stayed at 8 for a couple of months. Things settled down eventually.

I had a relapse last July caused by stress at work. My GP put me back up to 15mg a day...I stayed on this dose for 2 weeks just to give me some 'mind space'. I then started to reduce by 1mg a day every month. I am now back down to 8mg a day and doing fine.

I believe I was tapering too quickly the first time around. All I can say is take it slow, the slower the better. You will know how you feel. I am worse in the mornings so I started reducing my later doses first. This seemed to work better for me. I certainly don't think it's something you can rush especially when you have been on them long term. I hope this helps you a little.

I wish you the best of luck with it. Kitti

Re: Please help with taper table

Hi Kittikat,
    thanks for the advice, I will try the 1mg taper xxx

Thread Information