Thread: Have decided I can beat this on my own

Have decided I can beat this on my own

Hi there
    I have decided not to take citalopram. The side effects were terrible. I had not thought suicidal thoughts for a few months but after one of those tablets all those ideas came flooding back, accompanied with vomiting and an upset stomach. All of this has convinced me that I will not be taking those again and that I can and will beat this anxiety through other means. If thats the only alternative then no thanks. So today is going to be the first day of my new life. It all ends and starts here. I just wanted to share that.

I have decided to avoid medication as well .I have had Seroxat which made me feel suicidal and something else that made my hair fall out so NO MORE. Am going to try CBT instead. Good Luck.

Hi Matilda
    Good for you. There has to be other ways to combat this awful hole that we find ourselves in. I have tried CBT but to be honest i knew much of what she discussed with me so am going to try and put it into practice without her. I also booked myself a massage and with the help of my partner I am going to start doing things to see 'whats the worst that can happen' and im sure it will be ok. I still have problems with my throat and swallowing and im still not convinced that there is nothing wrong with me but if nothing else I can prove to my doctor if I do manage to conquer the anxiety that my throat and swallowing problems are not anxiety based. I have nothing to lose. So i wish you luck too. Im sure you will beat it.

Thread Information