Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello! I suffer from depression and anxiety and have done so on and off during my life and now have suffered a major and disabling bout. Seems I get worse the older I get! I have taken anti depressants in the past - for about a year at a time (1. Aurorix, 2. Zoloft 3.Escitalopram) and they have worked for me before ... but now I cant tolerate them and have been on Fluoxetine for almost 4 weeks. Its been a nightmare of side effects - depression, sleepy, woozy, sore eyes, jittery, blurred vision and tension. But the symptoms are starting to go away and gradually feeling a bit better. The worst side effect is the anxiety... so tense, jittery and especially in social situations I cant stop my mouth quivering.

It has been really helpful reading about other people's experiences of side effects with this drug and encouraged me to stay on it. However, I really do wonder what its doing to my brain??

The other thing is Im so isolated and lonely. Also Im faced with making major life decisions and for the past year having a lot of trouble trying to make the simplest decisions, let alone major ones.

I will read other people's posts and looking forward to "talking" to some people who understand what it feels like to be so useless and worthless.

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

er.. how do I remove my full name and just show my "signature" or an alias? please
    Last edited by Springy1; 27-01-13 at 01:01. Reason: dont wish to display my full name... only my signature "springy"

Hi Springy1

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.
    Last edited by Pipkin; 27-01-13 at 09:13. Reason: Name Change for Anonymity

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Introduction

Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I think you have to contact an admin to change your name. All the best.

Baggs

Hi,

To change your account name, drop me a personal message with your chosen new name and I can sort it for you.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Diana

Thank you everyone! How lovely! Will be back as Springy!

Thread Information