Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anxiety

0 0%
  • Side effects

2 100.00%

Thread: Fluxotine

Smile Fluxotine

Hi. I have been on Prozac since 28/11/12. Started on 20 mg and I'm now upto 60 mg. still struggling with some of the side effects ie. increase in anxiety, which is what it was prescribed for. Don't know if its because of the 2 increases. I also take martazipine 30 mgs at night which helps me sleep and 120 mgs a day of propranolol. Does anyone have any comments on the increased anxiety. I was on paroxitine for 17 yrs and foolishly thought they weren't working as well. Don't know if I should stay on the Prozac and give it more time. My psychiatrist thinks I should perceiver.

Hi Charlie11

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Fluxotine

Hi there

Iv'e not been on this site for long, but so much good info on here. When I was first diagnosed with GAD and depression I was started on prozac 20mg and increased to 60mg. I too suffered with increased anxiety and felt that the drugs weren't working for me. I did battle on however and after about 4-6 weeks I started to notice a big improvement. Prozac really saved me I was going through some terrible stuff. I would recommend you keep trying with it if you can. Unfortunately for me after several years it stopped working for me. I really hope that you start to feel better soon.

Thank u Vegas. Sorry to here Prozac doesn't work for u now. What meds do u take

I have been through lots! Found a lot of them made me too sleepy to be able to cope when I was at work. I didn't feel that way with prozac At the moment I am on pregabalin 225mg twice daily but am having to take the odd diazepam also as the panic has increased lately. The pregabalin was working like a dream, but my doc says it's not stopped working im just having a bit of a blip (that's what he likes to call my relapses ) How are you feeling today?

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Also wanted to say after re-reading your initial post I see you have been on flouxetine since Nov - emm would have thought the side effects would have settled by now, however they do say it can take a couple of months for it to take full effect, fingers crossed for you. If you don't start to feel better in a couple of weeks you may need to go back to your doc again. It's so difficult to get the right thing to work for you! Remember to be nice to yourself, don't let the anxiety make you feel guilty, have some relaxing treats

Hi Vegas. Just back from cbt terapy. I have been off work with anxiety since September. Would luv to be able to get back into work. But that of it fuels the anxiety psychologist has suggested going in for a coffee and build it up to lunch with colleagues. Will try and put that into place this week. Re meds. I just don't get that we get given them for anxiety but side effect is increased anxiety. Hope ur blip has gone

My GP has suggested cbt so think I will give that a go. Unfortunately I went into work today but couldn't stay so back to the GP today I think. I have been in my current job five years and the first couple I was signed off quite a bit, then went through a couple of years of anxiety, but no panic so was managing work ok with the help of my meds. Now though I can almost hear them thinking here we go again! Most frustrating thing is I want to be at work, but those less understanding of the condition think you can just get on with it! How have you been finding the cbt?

Thread Information