Thread: Wide awake...

Wide awake...

Hi
    Does anyone with OCD have any tips about sleeping? I can't remember the last time I had a good sleep or have managed to fall asleep quickly.

Any help would be amazing

Xx

Re: Wide awake...

I'm a good sleeper although I slept rather too well last night ('till noon) so I'll be joining you insomniacs tonight!
    The ways I sleep:
    1. I always read a chapter of a book before bed, usually an absorbing novel
    2. Is your bedroom temperature comfortable or do you have to keep throwing the covers off? I don't know why I made this a numbered list....
    3. I always plan when I want to wake up even if I don't stick to it.
    4. Don't stay in your room too much during the evening and don't go to bed hungry.
    5. If I my mind is overactive, I rest it by simply listening to what's around me and my environment and I let the thoughts float by. Also focus on the relaxing feelings in your body and let them grow. Your mind will wonder into sleep eventually.
    6. I think the biggest factor is I'm not worried about sleep; if you get concerned by your sleep you are focusing on it and making yourself more stressed and less sleepy. Ironic? Try the mindset of "I don't care if I don't sleep tonight, in fact I probably won't but it matters not as I will eventually catch up."

Good night.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Yep I'll join the "wide awake club" too

I don't have OCD but I do have depression and anxiety. My sleep just seems to get ever worse and I think I've tried just about everything that I can but nothing seems to help me.

Nowadays I tend to just grab sleep when I can, so if I feel sleepy I'll just go have a sleep.

I'm not sure what my next move will be with this problem, I don't want to go on any sleeping medication but I've completed the list of things to do naturally and I'm still stuck

Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight, sweet dreams for if you do

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Nic, have read it and replied on the thread hun

Hi guys, thanks for your support. I finanally got to sleep around 3am and up at 9am... need to work on getting more hours! xx

Thread Information