Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety about doctors

Anxiety about doctors

I have my doctors appointment tomorrow morning to discuss my moods and the way I have been feeling. I am feeling so anxious that I just want to cancel it. I have typed and printed out the letter to give to her to read but I am so nervous. I just hope it goes alright tomorrow as I am really scared.

I am hoping I don't have a panic attack in the morning about it aye because this really scares me.

I hope it will go alright. Sorry to post this Im just really anxious. Has anyone else felt like this before about going to the doctor?

Re: Anxiety about doctors

Don't give up, you've prepared very thoroughly for the appointment, so I'm sure it will go well. Just think, tomorrow you'll have help for your depression and you'll be on the road to recovery. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Im just scared it wont go well and I will walk out of there feeling worse :(

Pink Roxy it can't make things any worse. The GP is there to help. Try to turn things the other way round and see this as a first step towards your recovery. It will be painful going through it but it's the right step to take. Sure things will turn out well and let us know hoe it goes
    Will be thinking of you

Pigeon xxxx

I get anxious about the doctors too. The worst bit is not knowing how long I'll be in the waiting room for. I start to panic that I've somehow missed the appointment or gone to the wrong waiting room or something. I think that the doctor will think I'm not ill enough to be there and I think the receptionists think I go there too often. I have all kinds of anxious thoughts.

You've done well by writing down what you want the doctor to know. I usually find my mind goes blank once they call my name. Can anybody go with you and sit in the waiting room with you, or go in with you? Take a magazine to read that doesn't take much concentration. I find things like quick crosswords and word searches helpful. Remember the doctor is there to help you and they're experienced in dealing with anxious people.

Thanks. I think the same as you unspoken its horrible. I do go there too often. Im leaving in an hour to go to my appointment its morning where I am. I am soooo nervous I cant eat anything and Ive got diarrhea (sorry for the image).

I will let you all know how it goes. Hope you are ok Pigeon?

I had the worst morning waiting for my appointment as I was so anxious I had to try and calm myself down but it was hard.

The appointment went really well though, better than I expected. The hardest part was handing her the letter but I did and she read it and we talked from there. There was really nice about it and gave me a hug and I didn't cry which was good.

I am on some tablets I think they were the same ones as Pigeon is on its a funny name starting with c. She is going to see me in a month to see how they are going and she has given me some new Zealand support websites about depression.

I did feel better after the appointment and I hope it goes well for me with the tablets. I still have the depression feeling though but I guess its only my first day of tablets.

Pigeon they also said that its normal for it take up to a month to two months before you can feel the effect of the tablets and they said its important to hang in there and keep taking them. I hope they do work for you soon so you are able to feel any better.

Thankyou to everyone on here I probably wouldn't of made that appointment and express how I was feeling to the doctor if it wasn't for all of you for encouraging me to go and write a letter. You are all awesome

hi PinkRoxy... just wanted to say well done! you've achieved a lot today, taken a big step, and, considering the thoughts & feelings you had before the appointment, you've been really brave to go through with it.

i wish you all the very best, i hope the meds kick in soon and help you feel more settled and in control, and i'm delighted you've made a friend in your doctor - that should help you feel less anxious if you need to visit in the future.

That's great news roxy! Well done for going ahead with your appointment. Now you can take the steps you need towards getting better.

Thanks you two. I hope I am able to feel better soon too I am looking forward to getting my enjoyment back and love doing things with friends and have fun with out having a constant black cloud hanging over me making me feel like crap.

It use to be so easy to go and do the things I enjoy now it seems like such an effort even to decide whether I do something.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information