Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: quetiapine

Re: quetiapine

Hi Greg,

Quetiapine can be used for a number of different symptoms. As I understand it, medication in this group can help with many of the symptoms associated with anxiety and these would include obsessive thoughts and derealization and depersonalization.

I really wouldn't know what dose would actually put you at risk of weight gain, but I would hazard a guess that it would be much higher doses than we're on, if you look on your Quetiapine leaflet, you'll see just how high the doses can go. For the likes of me and you or, indeed, anyone using it for anxiety symptoms, it's only ever given in very small doses, so I would think that we're at the bottom of the risk list for side effects.

I would carry on your healthy life style, wished I could be so active!! and just keep an eye on your weight if it worry's you, or have a chat with your doctor, I'm sure they'll be able to put your mind at rest

Thankyou Aunti for your advice..I will keep an eye on it..I will keep the dose as small as poss to my needs..thanks again..I wish you well..

Hi Greg

How's the sleep on the new med

Hi Clio.. Well i slept solid for 2 nights..didnt wake till 7am...lol....But !! even though they are a small dose of 25mg i am feeling a bit more anxious and more depersonalization , i dont know if this is pure coincedence or just me having a bit more natural anxiety !! ..feel tired next day still and a bit cloudy..and a little bit emosionless..hope i spelt that right..How u keeping..

Excellent!!

You probably got heightened anxiety because of new med, prob take few days to get into your system so will take couple weeks.

I've just picked my new med up today promazine it's on the same line as yours antipsychotic. Mines liquid as it's hard to get the tablets, so tonight is my first night
    A 5ml spoon is same as 25mg tablet. So I take 1spoon for 2weeks doing it slowly as I take 150mg venlafaxine as well

Take care xx

Excellent Clio..I hope it goes realy well for you and you get some sleep two...That first night is allways the most worrieng wondering.will i feel worse, will i wake etc...after a few days its allways better..God luck.speek again soon.x

Hi there.

It is a great drug. Well was for me. At low doses as mentioned above better for sleep. Higher doses, I think it can go up to 600 mg would be good for paranoia and schizophrenic types.

Unfortunately even at a low dose I got a big belly. Even after going to gym 3 times a week and eating healthy. I came off at 25 mg. but everyone is different. I know people with zero weight gain.

Sorry I can't be more help,

Aladbi x

Alabi..I just find,yes i sleep well on a silly small amount,,But even tho iv been on this silly small amount for a while now,The side effects has not faded,,this very irritated feeling and high stress feeling on this amount,It all just reminds me of how i react to meds at the smallest amounts,,this holds me back from trying oyher meds because of side effects at small dose...I want to just come off these and traz and be cleen.i convinced id feel better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information