Thread: Lorazepam

Lorazepam

hi guys anyone know anything about this pill.i have been put on this pill today to help my panics.x

things happen for a reason,but we do not always agree.

medication im on
    Doxazosin,bendroflumethiazide for blood pressure.
    levothyroxine,for thyoids.
    pregabalin, for panic/depression. Fibromyalgia
    amitriptyline,for rheumatoid arthritis in feet.

Re: Lorazepam

Hi Jean, its in the same family as diazepam, a benzo, but stronger, it is addictive so you need to be careful, what dosage did the doc give you? if used sensibly there very effective for panic/anxiety xx

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    Hi Jean, its in the same family as diazepam, a benzo, but stronger, it is addictive so you need to be careful, what dosage did the doc give you? if used sensibly there very effective for panic/anxiety xx
    hi nicola thanks for your reply the doctor has put me on 4 x1 mg a day I'm to take 1in the morning and 1in the afternoon and 2 before bedtime.he also said that I will only be on them for a short while but he wants me to get these panics under control first.he is such a lovely gp.x

medication im on

Just read both your threads and as nicola says Lorazepam is very addictive and for short term use only,yet your doctor told you not to take diazepam (or was that as well ) yet the nurse told you to take them yesterday.. I notice that you were on amytriptelene as well which though effective is not used so much these days and many SSRI drugs have replaced these older drugs.
    I think it's obtaining the right balance of drugs that suit you.All the very best.Don't be afraid to speak to your doctor again if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    Just read both your threads and as nicola says Lorazepam is very addictive and for short term use only,yet your doctor told you not to take diazepam (or was that as well ) yet the nurse told you to take them yesterday.. I notice that you were on amytriptelene as well which though effective is not used so much these days and many SSRI drugs have replaced these older drugs.
    I think it's obtaining the right balance of drugs that suit you.All the very best.Don't be afraid to speak to your doctor again if you need to.
    Ricardo thanks for reply,let me try and explain I was on 50mg amitriptyline a day only they gave me a dry mouth so my own gp cut them down to 35mg a day.but within a week I started having panicky feelings,but because it was a weekend and my gp was shut it was the out of hours doctor who told me that it was to much to cut down 15mg a day.so it was her that told me to take the extra 10mg.after 2 days of the 45mg dose I was getting the dry mouth back again.so once more I rang the out of hours doctor but this time it was a male doctor and because they don't have your medical advice in front of them he told me not to take anything different and to speak to my own gp today.my gp is away for 6weeks so I had to see another doctor.when I rang the surgery this morning I was having a panic attack on the phone that is when the nurse rang me to say take a diazepam and see the doctor this afternoon.now I am only taking 2x 10mg of amitriptyline and 4 x 1mg of lorazepam.sorry it's long but I hope I have explained this right.x

medication im on

1mg of lorazepam is equivalent to 10mg of diazepam so it sounds quite a high dosage hes prescribed x x

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    1mg of lorazepam is equivalent to 10mg of diazepam so it sounds quite a high dosage hes prescribed x x
    Nicola wow that is a large dose but I have got another appointment with the same gp next Thursday and I can ask him then to perhaps cut back a bit.he also said that if the 20mg of amitriptyline is helping with pain in my feet (I have rheumatoid arthritis)I could stay on that dose.so I hope that after a week of takeing the lorazepam I will not be already hooked thanks for good advice.x

medication im on

I know you have started yet another thread on this but though I fully understand that your own doctor is away for 6 weeks you may get confused and perhaps more anxious with slightly different advise given by so many different people.
    On your latest thread you appear to be bouyant after reducing the medication after one night,which is great but in most cases unusual .Being positive is more than half way to recovery but I would still advise to try and be attended to by one doctor and if possible one you feel comfortable with.

I always say the road to recovery is two steps forward and one step back,nevertheless I wish you well xx.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    I know you have started yet another thread on this but though I fully understand that your own doctor is away for 6 weeks you may get confused and perhaps more anxious with slightly different advise given by so many different people.
    On your latest thread you appear to be bouyant after reducing the medication after one night,which is great but in most cases unusual .Being positive is more than half way to recovery but I would still advise to try and be attended to by one doctor and if possible one you feel comfortable with.

I always say the road to recovery is two steps forward and one step back,nevertheless I wish you well xx.
    thanks Ricardo,I have managed to dispose of the other thread.for the next 6week's I will be seeing this same doctor.and I was told that until my own gp was back. he said that when he gets back I will be winding up on these.and just stick with the amitriptyline.does that sound better.I can't explain what I'm trying to say which is due to something that happened in my past.x

medication im on

Thread Information