Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A week late for my period...still worrying and cramping, help?!

Re: A week late for my period...still worrying and cramping, help?!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I very much doubt it was a miscarriage, I am sure it was a late period and I really don't think we should be considering that it is a miscarriage at all!
    I agree, it helps no one by suggesting worse case scenarios!

If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyR View Post
    Ah..but the hcg takes over 4 weeks to show in the urine in some cases, so could have still been a miscarriage.
    If she was far enough along for pregnancy "symptoms" and for her period to be so late, then she was far enough along for a positive pregnancy test if she were in fact pregnant.

I'd like to see a source that says it is common for HCG to take over 4 weeks after ovulation/fertilization to show in the urine because while I've heard that a very tiny minority of women don't get positive pregnancy tests, I've never heard this figure and believe it is rare.

On the other hand, a late or missed period is very very normal so I think to speculate on such a slight chance is really overreaching and comes across slightly as scaremongering.

Quote Originally Posted by katesa View Post
    If she was far enough along for pregnancy "symptoms" and for her period to be so late, then she was far enough along for a positive pregnancy test if she were in fact pregnant.

I'd like to see a source that says it is common for HCG to take over 4 weeks after ovulation/fertilization to show in the urine because while I've heard that a very tiny minority of women don't get positive pregnancy tests, I've never heard this figure and believe it is rare.

On the other hand, a late or missed period is very very normal so I think to speculate on such a slight chance is really overreaching and comes across slightly as scaremongering.
    I couldn't agree more x

Quote Originally Posted by katesa View Post

You took the words out of my mouth-well said!!x

If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

There is still a chance that that did happen you just never know, it was a very real possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyR View Post
    There is still a chance that that did happen you just never know, it was a very real possibility.
    I'll go out on a limb here and say that I'd bet anything that it did NOT happen. She had a late period.

Pregnancy tests are 99% effective if taken from the day of a missed period. Girlafraid took 4, all of which were negative. Now I am no mathematician but I can see the odds of that happening are so microscopic that they are not worth worrying about. So small that they are certainly not worth coming on and scaring a girl with panic and anxiety disorders whose problem has been fixed.

On the other hand, the vast majority of women get a late period now and then.

I hope Girlafraid feels better and happier now that her period has turned up.
    Last edited by katesa; 03-02-13 at 12:23.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information