Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: emetophobia & IBS = Me

emetophobia & IBS = Me

Hey everyone, so basically Ive already written half my life story in my introduction,

(I cant post the link to my intro yet)

So as the title says i suffer with emetophobia & IBS, I current am struggling to go to work, my doctor has signed me off for 2 weeks to rest as I was running myself down, im scared to be sick, any feeling that can relate to maybe being sick makes me panic, for example: a full stomach, intergestion etc. I also suffer with IBS, so the combination of the 2 doesn't help as with IBS you get a lot of abdomen pain, I seem to have good and bad weeks/days, I feel as if I have 2 main panic triggers,

1/ when I hear people talk about others being ill I always seem to go down hill, but Im thinking this is due to my subconscious as I can be totally fine and a few hours later Ill be panicking that im going to be ill,

2/ This will sound weird, but sometimes I feel sick-e-fied (i know its not a word) but some days I feel really Bleh, and normal I get a horrible abdomen pain, with this I panic like mad, and its takes me all day plus a lot of relaxing and a wasted day.

I think the 2nd trigger is the worst as i can ignore the 1st sometimes, but the 2nd trigger worries me, I feel maybe there is something wrong, or maybe i am ill, and no one understands what I mean, why am I the only one who feels like this? Ive had blood tests and all sorts done.

Going back through my life, Ive only been sick 4 times,

Once when I was a kid and had high temp(age 5),
    Second was when I had appendicitis high temp(18),
    **Third and Forth was (age 21&22) with noro**

Basically all my life I was rarely sick as you can see, but when I was 16, I smoked some weed, to impress a girl who was doing it, Its still my fault I know.
    What happened, I was left on my own, and I went dizzy, I felt set back in my own eyes, like looking through binoculars the wrong way, and I literally had a two second memory and started to panic, but I kept forgetting everything. long story short, I ended up with panic attacks, that I over come, but I was left with anxiety of being sick, now when I had the nero the first time at aged 21, I was 100% in my life, wasn't nice but I did it and was still alive, but 1 year 1month I had it again, and something snapped in my brain, I now fear that every time I get a stomach ache it could be noro, because when I had the noro, I started with a stomach ache and then its got worse. I suffer with IBS that give me stomach aches all the time, it doesnt help

cheers for reading

Jason x

Re: emetophobia & IBS = Me

emetophobia & ibs = me, too. as well as panic disorder, gad etc... and I'm the same with the triggers.

the second one, yeah... one little niggle or 'unusual' feeling/sensation and I'm off - petrified that I'm going to be sick. It consumes whole days. I've recently had blood tests (all fine), I'm always thinking there is actually something wrong that isn't being picked up. But, and I've said this before somewhere, I think one of my biggest fears is that there really isn't anything 'wrong' (as in, physical illness) and that it's all 'in my head' (as in anxiety, panic, depression and all that).

you're not alone!

nice to meet you Angelai,

what about this one then, when I feel 100% fine, I worry something is going to go wrong, because I havent felt fine in a long time.

what do you do to keep calm??

I try to keep myself distracted with complex stuff, or I go find a calming place like in bedroom alone and really try to relax,

My Doctor said I have an analistic mind, and that I study every little detail, this can be good, but some times its a pain because I can put 2n2 together and 3n5 together lol

Jason x

Not being funny, but had over 70 views, and not alot of help, could really do with some, sorry to sound impatient

Jason x

I have no personal experience of emetophobia so can't help but didn't want to read and run - sorry.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thats ok, cheers

Jason x

Yes! I get really scared if I feel ok, I can't relax because I think it won't last. Sometimes I manage to convince myself to make the most of feeling ok, even it's only for an hour, but the fear is always there that it will soon come to a sudden end.

Hmmm, what do I do to keep calm? If it's really bad, I go to bed. I know that isn't the answer, but sometimes I just have to get away from myself and sleep is the best way for me (with the occasional diazepam if needed). Other than that, I fidget, interrogate Dr Google, do housework, have a go at myself, ring my mum... distraction always helps too.

My mum calls it ruminating - my mind just goes over and over and I think so deeply about things, I over-think things apparently lol! Mum always tells me I should find something to do to occupy my mind, that I have too much time on my hands.

x

Found it, will message u tonight if that's ok?! X

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine8 View Post
    Found it, will message u tonight if that's ok?! X
    are you talking to me?

Jason x

Quote Originally Posted by beBRAVE View Post
    are you talking to me?

Jason x