Thread: Occy health visit

Occy health visit

I have been off work
    About 8 weeks (depression) now I have to add occupational health. I don't know what to expect. Can anyone tell me please. I'm not ready to go back to work mentally yet (though I am looking for another less stressful
    Job elsewhere)

Re: Occy health visit

There was another thread on this a couple of days ago. You will either be seen by an Occupational Health nurse or doctor. It is nothing to worry about as their job is to support you. They will usually be on 'your side'. They will discuss if you are ready to go back to work and if not then they will advise your employers of this and possibly suggest that when you do return it will be a phased return. they will also discuss how work can alleviate stress/pressure on your return to work.

Thanks Annie .... I'm still "bricking it" though. I can understand from works point of view I guess but I don't feel strong enough to
    Explain the why"s of depression

You shouldn't have to explain to Occ Health, the ones I have seen have understood it..it is just to help support you in getting back to work. the one I saw in December said I would need at least another 3 months off!

I was very worried about seeing OH but like I was told on this site, found them to be very supportive and felt like they were looking after my best interests.
    I did not feel intimidated in anyway and found them to be helpful . xx

I agree with most of what's above Evedawn. OH are there to represent your best interests. If your job is the cause of your depression, it would be a good oppportunity to let them know what it is that's causing you so much stress. You don't say what the problem is but it could range from anyhting from your workload to relationships with colleagues or your boss.

They can recommend any adjustments to your job (temp or permenant) that could relieve some of the pressure.

I found them supportive and understanding.

Thread Information